Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- August 2015 (includes spoilers)

@tucka wrote:

Hi Miss Carolina good to see you here. I agree about the father,he gave a good explanation on his feelings about his son turning into a daughter,I feel it wasn't appropiate of Mayra to confront him at the wedding,did she do this to embarrased him? or get sympathy? She could have gave a little and met her father half way. Talk to him privately befor the wedding ceremony.He was hurt too he lost alot when she decided to change,hes from a different generation.I felt for him,I wondered how would I feel? Of course they have to make him out as the bad guy,the way Ric talked to him,and the look on Brooks face .Mayra was wrong in making this public,she just wanted to get back at her father [my opinion only.]tucka.

Hey Tucka!  I agree with you too!  Maya was out to hurt her father as much as she could, so she spoiled her own wedding by confronting him openly during the ceremony. If she had to confront him at the wedding, it should have been done in private.  Once she had done her damage, she smiled and resumed the ceremony.  It was horrible.  The writers of the show were really sending a message to the viewers that if they don't totally support transgenders, they are all wrong and prejudiced and evil.  I have lost all respect for this show now.  Maya didn't have to humiliate her father the way she did, then turn around and smile and act like nothing had happened.  She turned her beautiful wedding into something ugly and spoiled.  But I'm sure all of the remaining guests will conveniently forget about what happened, and remember only the beautiful parts. 

Respected Contributor

Maya reverts back to her old self with the performance at the wedding.......she and Rick treated everyone terrible for a long time and they really never paid....sure, Rick lost the CEO position, but I think that old Eric would have let him stay in the job if Ridge, Steffy, Liam, etc. didn't pull what they did.....he didn't have much choice.  She and Rick are still acting like entitled jerks.....hopefully, the honeymoon will last forever.

I'm not going to be happy to see Ivy turn dark........she just needs to turn the video over to the cops and let the chips fall............

Honored Contributor

I agree with you hulagirl, I don't want to see Ivy turn dark either.  Good grief!  Can't we have at least one sweet person?

Honored Contributor

I've seen Ivy as a "dark" person since Hopeless married Wyatt.  She has pushed and pushed and pushed Liam, who never seemed that hot for her.  She roped and hog-tied him on the rebound.  She should have stepped aside when someone he really loves and was married to and apparently still loves came back.  Whether you like Steffy or not, no woman should try to keep or con a guy whose affections are elsewhere.  

The writers sure hate Liam.  He NEVER gets the woman he wants.  At the time.  Poor guy.  Ivy is just like Wyatt about that. 

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh come on ......   I can't be the only one who thinks this Julius is a horrible narrow minded person ..... he has had YEARS to try to understand his child .... it's not like he just learned of this yesterday.   

All I saw in Julius is a man desperate to control the family ,,,, and had no interest in even trying to understand.  

He is withholding his love and approval because things didn't turn out as he expected ....   well, news flash, children aren't put on this planet to be little robots that please their parents .....   he is a terrible father.

Tinkrbl44, I agree with what you said.  I originally typed up my reply but after I read it (always read before hitting Post!!!), I pretty much think that my Reply Post might have been "removed because it was deemed too controversial."   This whole subject, while being a sensitive storyline is also very real.  I just wonder how the actor playing the character of Julius Avant felt after filming those scenes.  I would be quite disturbed and feel so bad and I wonder how someone who plays such a horrible person can get back to their happy place?

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I agree with you hulagirl, I don't want to see Ivy turn dark either.  Good grief!  Can't we have at least one sweet person?

Even Quinn has been somewhat "sweet" lately.  However, I don't want Ivy to go dark and besides, just how could that Aussie accent sound Dark??

Trusted Contributor

Maya is a rude, obnoxious girl.(whoops, maybe not ) she was mean to everyone when Rick became CEO, and he's right, she/he is a freak! I for one and tired of everyone saying accept this new I'm a girl, no, I'm a boy, thing going on. BTW, Rick talked non-stop about honesty, for the writers to say Rick accepts Maya this way is ludicrous! This storyline is not Forrester tradition. Ivy, has always struck me as a little deceitful anyway, beside, has everyone forgot Allie was crazy girl!
Respected Contributor

The flip flopping of the characters on this show is absurd. Yes, we remember how mean Maya and Rick were to many family and employees. Now they want everyone to forgive and forget to gather at their lovefest wedding. Well, actually the people they treated the worst (Aly, Ivy, Wyatt) aren't there.

Why isn't Ridge, Caroline, Steffy there? Aren't they somewhat related to Rick? Plus Maya is the "face of Forrestor" so you'd think the president of the company would be there. I thought Rick said there were no more hard feelings with what they did?

I could go on and on about the constant 180s that are done on this show but I'll stop. Getting off my soapbox now.....Woman Wink

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At this point, can any of the characters really be "the new face of Forrester"?  Both Steffy and Ivy have been part of the company for quite a while.

Trusted Contributor

Lainey, I fast forward yesterday through the wedding,I was so turned off and didn't care to watch it,so let them go on there merry way in lala land,of course a new crisis will be just around the corner,hopefully they will get off the trasngender story line and get on with it. I am not liking the new characters that have joined the show.Tucka.