Respected Contributor

Re: The Affair Season 4 on Showtime

I thought this episode was an improvement over last season.  Hope the prison stuff with the guard is over for good.  That was disturbing. Looks like Noah's French friend is also missing.

Respected Contributor

I will continue watching.  I just watched the season opener and it was entertaining.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Oh, yeah!  I really liked this show.  However, they wait so long for new seasons to start that I forget half of what went on!  Lots of shows seem to do this any more and I find it more than annoying!  

@AngelPuppy1  I totally agree with you!   I forget what even went on the last season and find I have to go to on demand , find the series,  and refresh my memory .   This happens with lot of these series it seems.     

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Oh, yeah!  I really liked this show.  However, they wait so long for new seasons to start that I forget half of what went on!  Lots of shows seem to do this any more and I find it more than annoying!  

@AngelPuppy1  I totally agree with you!   I forget what even went on the last season and find I have to go to on demand , find the series,  and refresh my memory .   This happens with lot of these series it seems.     

Usually when a long time goes by before a series resumes, the channel replays the last episoderight  before starting the new show and sometimes the entire last season.  Showtime had a marathon of last season's Affair show yesterday before the new season started (I don't know how much of last season was on but the marathon was several hours long of various Affair episodes leading up to the new show).

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I thought this episode was an improvement over last season.  Hope the prison stuff with the guard is over for good.  That was disturbing. Looks like Noah's French friend is also missing.

That's because.......

Spoiler

Noah has moved to Cally to be near his 2 youngest children.

Helen is now married to Vik whose new job is in Cally.

Noah is now a teacher.  From the upcoming previews, he will be in another "affair" w/the school's principle.

I had no idea that Vik is East Indian.  His mother is a trip!  Loved that convo between her & Helen. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee  story line was that Allison was in a Mental  health facility for 6 months getting help for her depression and grief. However after returning home, she finally got joint custody of Jonie and immediately wanted to take a job in New Jersey as a counsellor at the facility. Of course arguments  ensued. 

Wonder what will happen this season.

Trusted Contributor

@culebra  Yeah, I am glad the prison story line is done. But i found season 4 opener quite flat. And i have come to really dislike the character of Helen. She seems to be the culprit of so much chaos, arguments, drama, much more so than Allison.  Her character is truly pathological. Always yelling, always cursing and drinking, blaming others for their unhappiness, always inciting arguments. Her ex husband hoah seems to be trying .

Honored Contributor

I thought the first show was kind of boring.  All the drama over the stuff with the kids, the son in particular, just went on too long.  And Helen?  Where do I begin?  She is so obnoxious, spoiled and pretentious.  Yuck ---- I cannot stand her.  She is just so put upon (sarcasm) and her life is so stressful and horrible (more sarcasam).  Oh, please.  Sickening.  I am sincerely hoping the next show will not focus so much on her!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nougat wrote:

I just discovered THE AFFAIR new season will start June 17th!!!

FINALLY ! geez had to wait a long time.

anyone else watch this intrigueing, suspenceful, most interesting drama?

Just saw the first season on a Showtime  sneak peak..I think it was on Netflix...anyway..its addicting..I LOVE Allison!!!!! I guess Noah pleaded guilty to something his wife did?? Anyway..Not a fan of Helen or her parents! May have to subscribe to Showtime!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1     You nailed it when you described Helen. Knowing what she did you would think she would somehow manage to show some kind of gratitude/tolerance toward Noah. I think Helen telling her current husband she was the one who killed Scott Lockhart is helping him to at least be civil. I intended to watch the last episode from the previous season before watching this one; however,  reading the thread was enough to remind me that watching most of those episodes once was truly enough.

Each season I hope/wish they have changed that dreadful theme song. Each season I'm disappointed when I realize they haven't. PLEASE let  this be the final season.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.