Respected Contributor

Re: The 2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies

From what I have heard 35 million watch the Hallmark Channels movies. Not sure whether that means we will see changes or not. They do have some competition now that Lifetime, Ion, Up and probably others are also doing original network movies.
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

I have to say that they are very good at their product placement  You notice it but it's not over done.

Have to admit I'm just not a big fan of Lacey Chabert or Danica McKellar. I feel like they are sort of the same in every movie. I guess I tolerate Lacey a little more. Still shocked that Candace Cameron-Bure is a pretty good actress and so far I've liked everything she's been in.

Really they should make sure to put Gregory Harrison in every movie to make me show up. Smiley LOL

@pigletsmom wrote:

I have to say that they are very good at their product placement  You notice it but it's not over done.

They've come a very long way since the giant Folger's coffee can in every movie.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I saw a few good Christmas movies but at least one or two were on ion tv, so I don't know if it was a Hallmark movie rebroadcast or something else.  I can't even remember the names of the movies.  One was about a step sister (cinderella type theme) and her "good" sister, which was cute.

Respected Contributor

Missed “when Calls the Heart “!!! Anyone know when it might air again?
Esteemed Contributor

I watched Hallmark, Lifetime, OWN and BET. The movies plots are very predictable. These movies provide work for many actors. It is so nice seeing folks on screen. 

Respected Contributor

I think Hallmark drags out their Christmas movie season far too long.    They started it in late October this year, and it doesn't end until Jan. 5th.     Maybe if they ran it for 4-6 weeks instead, they could put more time and money into a few less movies and make them better movies.   

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

@Lion wrote:

I think Hallmark drags out their Christmas movie season far too long.    They started it in late October this year, and it doesn't end until Jan. 5th.     Maybe if they ran it for 4-6 weeks instead, they could put more time and money into a few less movies and make them better movies.   

Yes, I get them onthe Hallmark Mysteries and Movies channel, and I am ready to get back to  Perry Mason, Hart to Hart  and Jessica Fletcher!

Honored Contributor

I'm really interested in the ratings this year.

Last year, they were trumpeting the overnights and the weekly and monthly ratings and they have been very quiet this year except for one Tweet a while ago.

I know the Hallmark leadership is off social media since the wedding ad situation, so it's possible ratings are good but they are not posting about it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Last press release was the one I read on 12/10.  Still #1 and Christmas in Dollywood was a big winner.

We should be getting a wrap up soon now that the "season" is over.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  do you watch the Lifetime ones? I didn't realize how many Christmas movies they offer because Hallmark gets all the attention.