Honored Contributor

Hallmark's Martha's Vineyard mysteries

The first installment was pretty good.  I'm looking forward to the next in the movie series.

Jesse Metcalfe has that serious, earnest sweetness that makes him fun to watch.  I'm liking all the characters.

I loved the Philip R. Craig novels that these are based on.  I read them back in the day (early 90s).  

I liked how they portrayed the barista character (actor Bradley Stryker) using humor and wit.

Image result for hallmark martha's vineyard mystery

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark's Martha's Vineyard mysteries

@GingerPeach   I really liked this movie and am very much looking forward to the next one.  This seems to be one of the better mystery series, although I tend to like all of them.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Hi @NickNack 

We are lucky.  There are 20 Philip R. Craig novels in the book series, so they'll have a lot of material from which to draw.  

(The Hallmark series does make some changes, as is typical, I suppose.)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought is was OK. I did like the actors,  however it would have been nice if at least one scene had actually been shot on Martha's Vinyard..  It kind of runied it for me 

Frequent Contributor

I enjoyed the movie very much. While I was watching, I was wondering why the doctor wore heels everywhere, in the rain, on the beach, at crime scenes, all day at work. My feet were hurting from watching her!

I really like all the mystery movies Hallmark makes. A new Gourmet Mystery comes on Sunday. My favorite mystery movie series is the one with Jill Wagner.
Honored Contributor

Oh, gosh, the heels.  Someone should send Hallmark a pictorial of all the adorable low-heeled and flat shoes available, @Longhorn Gal .  You'd also think a medical doctor would know that heels worn constantly aren't the best idea for your feet.

Honored Contributor

I didn't mind the film location, @Silver Fox1 , since Victoria, where I understand it was filmed, is beautiful, too.  Did you know there were quite a few aerial shots of Martha's Vineyard?

There is a very nice article in the local Vineyard Gazette explaining everything:

vineyardgazette DOT com/news/2020/01/09/hallmark-channel-airs-beautiful-place-die

@NickNack  @Longhorn Gal 

Trusted Contributor

So glad I came across this thread ~ I'm sure I will love these movies.......Looking forward to checking out this first installmentHeart

Used to visit the Vineyard every year ~ such a wonderful place!!

Back in the 90's I was perusing the "summer reads" in the Edgartown bookstore.  A man next to me picked up the latest Philip Craig novel which I had just finished reading ~~

I said to him, "You should read that one, it was great!"

He said, "Glad you liked it, I wrote it!"

Imagine my surprise ~ Philip Craig ~ he is a very sweet, genuine person ~ I enjoyed the quick chat we had : )

Respected Contributor

Like most of you, I really enjoyed this mystery.   I was leery at first but quickly got very interested in the s/l.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next  Gourmet Detective mystery.  Those mysteries along with the Garage Sale Mysteries were two of my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

Omigosh - how funny all the comments about the high heels because I couldn’t help but get flashbacks to CSI Miami! I kept telling myself that I’m sure there are women out there who just like wearing heels and there’s nothing necessarily wrong with it...except wasn’t she wearing open toed sandals next to a dead body???

Whatever. All I know is that I like the mystery movies and am happy they (and Jessica) are back!