Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The 12/22 Y & R Christmas Eve Episode

@Mmsfoxxie I agree that Dina's snark will get old pretty fast. Maybe that's one reason we aren't seeing as much of her. I really do wish they could backtrack this choice and keep her around, even on a recurring basis... But not as 'recurring' as some of those that seem to drop in every few months...

We'll have to disagree on Devon... It's not just that he's short... I mean, he's not repugnant, but he's not attractive etiher, no matter how cute he might have been as a child...

Cane... is just disgusting... 

I think the writing is better too, but there's still a long way to go...

Merry Christmas to you !! Oh, and Hillary wishes you a Merry Christmas too...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@cerb I was commenting the other day that this was one of those years whereby the show didn't go all sweetness and light at Christmas... They did last year, but this year they seemed to want to wallow in misery... Over the years I've noted that soaps do that from time to time... Seems to me back in the day, Days of Our Lives used to also have everyone converge at the old Horton house for a 'merry' Christmas show... It would've been nice had the show been a bit more upbeat and I agree, having Cane's clan making nice hardly made for a riveting 'Christmas Eve' show... There is an original episode on tomorrow, which might be interesting... Here's hoping...

Trusted Contributor

I should have specified the members of the Winters clan as my choice of best looking to Lily, Mattie & Charlie. I'm growing tired of Cane, too. He is a petty, small man. Frankly, Lily can do better. He is not physically attractive either with the lumps on his face (distracting). I would love to see Lily with Daniel, her first love,  but only if Graz returns. 

Bill Bell was famous for his Christmas Eve episodes. Many were offered up as redemption or reconciliation of family members or friends. One such story was Danny Romalotti & Rex Sterling (son & father). The episode was shot in an old fashioned sanctuary decorated for Christmas, by candlelight, with traditional carols, beautiful wardrobe, etc. 

It was quite touching to see the actual reason for the season depicted with our favorite actors. Now that would be considered un-PC. The thought & belief police at it again. 

dee

Honored Contributor

Lol..... @deedledeedeedle..... lumps in his face?  I gonna have to look again.  True, he's not really handsome nor does he have the best physique.  

I'm not into looks as much as some because looks are fleeting.  Every decade, I see less of what I considered attractive about myself so I'm more tolerant of others.  I'm talking about things I can't change, not the letting myself go as some do.  At 70, I think I look pretty good, just not as good.  One of my exercise friends says she's jealous of my flat stomach and the fact that I still have a waistline.  But I have a little backfat.  Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@cerb wrote:

I'm accustomed to there being more of a mix for their Christmas shows - where there will be one family get-together that's old-fashioned and really happy, then maybe a lovebird couple by themselves, then maybe somebody all alone and sad or angry.  This year was kind-of a downer because everybody seemed sad or angry.  The last minute Winters' family singalong didn't quite cut it.

I don't know if any of you used to watch All My Children back in the day...but for years they would have former characters from the show return for Christmas and they would gather together at Ruth and Joe Martin's house.  Each year I would look forward to seeing who would return, and I loved the happy reunions.  I really really wish that The Young and the Restless would do something along those lines.  

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have never gotten over the loss of All My Children, and although I haven’t watched Y&R in years and years, I watched that Christmas Dinner episode this year in some sort of pathetic homage to my AMC memories.

I’d give a lot right now to be able to start watching any of the remaining soaps again, but in the back of my mind there lurks the fear that in some capricious turn of ratings, MY soap would vanish as AMC and ATWT did, leaving me with a hollow place in my heart for my reliable old five day every week friends.

Sigh...........

Honored Contributor

@violann If it helps, I believe Y&R has been renewed for at least three years... So odds are it'll be around at least that long...