Honored Contributor

Re: TV Commercials Old Or New, Which Is Your Favorite Or Do You Remember?

@Moonlady wrote:

Who could forget the Red Rose tea chimps? We loved that ad when we were kids.

@Moonlady Welcome!🥰 I do not recall ever having seen it!😁 Do you know the years it was active because I went to YouTube to view and that was LONG before my time!😂

THANK you SO much for caring to share this evening!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

@Moonlady Welcome!🥰 I do not recall ever having seen it!😁 Do you know the years it was active because I went to YouTube to view and that was LONG before my time!😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles The Red Rose chimps are an interesting story. Apparently, it took a lot of research and a number of requests to have someone upload the one commercial that's available for viewing now.

As it turns out, that one was filmed in 1956, in the UK for a British brand of tea. Because these performing chimps had been so popular, they dusted off the old footage, and in 1968 it was "repackaged" for Americans and the American tea, Red Rose, and began airing in this country. That corroborates my my memory of having seen these ads in the late '60s. There was nothing more fun at the time then watching them dance, then waiting for the one chimp to "go ape" over Red Rose tea lol!😅 That was my favorite part. We loved it!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles The Red Rose chimps are an interesting story. Apparently, it took a lot of research and a number of requests to have someone upload the one commercial that's available for viewing now.

As it turns out, that one was filmed in 1956, in the UK for a British brand of tea. Because these performing chimps had been so popular, they dusted off the old footage, and in 1968 it was "repackaged" for Americans and the American tea, Red Rose, and began airing in this country. That corroborates my my memory of having seen these ads in the late '60s. There was nothing more fun at the time then watching them dance, then waiting for the one chimp to "go ape" over Red Rose tea lol!😅 That was my favorite part. We loved it!

@Moonlady Welcome back!🥰 Well, that certainly explains why I have not seen it!😄 It seems as though it was quite unique, and I am certain that is what made it so attractive to the  American audience!😁

THANK you SO much for revisiting and caring to share this explanation!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

Love the Suburu and Budweiser commercials! Does anyone remember the frog commercials Bud had too? It's been awhile but I remember liking them as well as the horses and dogs. 

@hullie Welcome!🥰 YESSSSS! Those croaking frogs were HILARIOUS!!😂 I went to watch it on YouTube for a good laugh!😂😂

THANK you SO much for caring to share today!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

"ANTONY, ANTONY!!!!" Prince Spaghetti

@candyagain Welcone!🥰 I have never seen this one so I Googled and am still unfamiliar with it!😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Hi Sandy. Famous here in the Northeast. Commercial filmed on Boston's North side for Prince spaghetti sauce. Wednesday was Pince Spaghetti Day. 1960's era. Anthony's (An-to-ny's) mother is calling him home for dinner as she leans out of her apartment building window. The commerciali is still referenced here and there on local media shows.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

"ANTONY, ANTONY!!!!" Prince Spaghetti

@candyagain Welcone!🥰 I have never seen this one so I Googled and am still unfamiliar with it!😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Hi Sandy. Famous here in the Northeast. Commercial filmed on Boston's North side for Prince spaghetti sauce. Wednesday was Pince Spaghetti Day. 1960's era. Anthony's (An-to-ny's) mother is calling him home for dinner as she leans out of her apartment building window. The commerciali is still referenced here and there on local media shows.

@candyagain Welcome!🥰 Oh Ok. That explains why I am not familar with it!😁

THANK you SO much for revisiting and caring to share this detailed information this afternoon!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Like the one from Spectrum, with the laughing apes.  Cute.

@LyndaGee Welcome!🥰 I have not seen it and tried to find it but could not. I wish I could see it because I am ALWAYS up for a good laugh!😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share this afternoon!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

My current fave is the Chewy Mr. Marbles Inheritance commercial.

I laugh every time I see it.  Love that Mr. Marbles! Woman LOLCat LOLWoman LOL

@kindred cats Welcome!🥰 I had never seen that commercial so I looked it up and it is HILARIOUS!!! Mr. Chewy's owner really LOVED❤ him!😂😂

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Frequent Contributor

The Disney World commercial where the kids are too excited to sleep. 

Honored Contributor

@kittiekattie wrote:

The Disney World commercial where the kids are too excited to sleep. 

@kittiekattie Welcome!🥰 I had not seen that one, so I went to YouTube, and fell in LOVE❤ That is a heart hugging commercial! They are ADORABLE!😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share today!🤗 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖