Honored Contributor

Re: TOP CHEF RETURNS TONIGHT ON BRAVO 12/6/`8

I must have missed something early on as I don't know why so many don't like Sara.  When I saw her, she was fine, she and Kelsey best buddies, and her food good.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

I must have missed something early on as I don't know why so many don't like Sara.  When I saw her, she was fine, she and Kelsey best buddies, and her food good.

WAY too full of her fat self. Thought she was BETTER than the other chefs. SO glad she lost.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Sara had a somewhat aggressive and annoying personality, especially on team challenges. She wasn't a good team player, especially early on. She'd want whatever dish she felt she could make best, even if it wasn't her suggested dish, and be upset if she didn't get it. There was at least one week where she insisted she'd be best at multiple dishes and largely drove her team nuts as they tried to accomodate her. She was kind of pushy and obnoxious early on. In later weeks when the team challenges were done, she became easier to tolerate, but by then she'd largely poisoned the audience. If you only watched the last few weeks you wouldn't understand why some grew to hate her early on. In one week she used boxed waffle mix, even when those shopping with her advised her it was a bad idea, then became upset when she was called out about it. A boxed mix might save you a couple of minutes of measuring time, but is a no no on Top Chef. She was warned but didn't care, until she was exposed. The Sara you saw in the last four to six weeks wasn't the Sara you saw in the first half of the season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Sara had a somewhat aggressive and annoying personality, especially on team challenges. She wasn't a good team player, especially early on. She'd want whatever dish she felt she could make best, even if it wasn't her suggested dish, and be upset if she didn't get it. There was at least one week where she insisted she'd be best at multiple dishes and largely drove her team nuts as they tried to accomodate her. She was kind of pushy and obnoxious early on. In later weeks when the team challenges were done, she became easier to tolerate, but by then she'd largely poisoned the audience. If you only watched the last few weeks you wouldn't understand why some grew to hate her early on. In one week she used boxed waffle mix, even when those shopping with her advised her it was a bad idea, then became upset when she was called out about it. A boxed mix might save you a couple of minutes of measuring time, but is a no no on Top Chef. She was warned but didn't care, until she was exposed. The Sara you saw in the last four to six weeks wasn't the Sara you saw in the first half of the season.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  You hit the nail on the head!
I think she lost a lot of fans early on and then became very annoying and not a team player later on.  She just wanted to be in the spotlight and wanted to win every challenge.