Honored Contributor

I believe this show's been talked about here. In this dreadful weather DH & I have been binging on this show. He started watching S3 for a change of pace. Got hooked so we went back to S1 and just finished binge watching it. WOW - very strange. Love that Harrelson & McConaughy were both in it, they are great actors.

Started S2 yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: True Detective

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD, I think Season 1 might have been my introduction to McConaughy.  I thought it was really well done.

i a, watching Season 3 and really enjoying it.  LM

PS, if you haven’t seen it, give Mind Hunter a try.  Also, A Place to Call Home which is like a mini Downton Abbey set in Australia. Merry 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  We are enjoying how each season is also different from the last. Shows like these are mind boggling yet intriguing in an 'odd' way.

Hope you're keeping safe & warm in your neck of the woods.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: True Detective

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD, we have (I should say I have) been on a major initiative to go through all closets, linen closets, pantry, garage spaces, etc so far this winter.  A good time to do it because January has been topsy turvy weatherwise.   Time for a break.

Today is is an exceptionally warm day so I am  just about ready to take the dog over for a visit with her chocolate Lab buddy Jersey.  It is balmy compared to some of the frigid temps we have gotten in January.

Happy weekend @PINKdogWOOD!  LM

Respected Contributor

Season Two of True Detective was not particularly good.  But this season is turning out much better.  Better writing this year.

Respected Contributor

If you like True Detective, you may want to try ID's The Case That Haunts Me.  Not as good as True Detective, especially that first season, but its the same kind of thing, the real cop talking, scenes played out with actors, about Canadian cases.

Honored Contributor

Good to know @culebra.  I'll pass this onto DH too. We may bypass but probably not if I know him.

Esteemed Contributor

Binged watched Season 2 during our first cold front. Caught up with Season 3. Skipped 1. I may have to go back and watch....

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake, don’t miss Season 1.  It was very good.  LM

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake  Season 1 is a must for sure. Binge on this one, it is so good, very intriguing. Just when you think you know what's next, this one takes a turn. Don't bypass this one.