Honored Contributor

Re: TO COMCAST/ INFINITY Cable SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

i have a large package with xfinity.......cable with dvr and voice remotes, two phones, high speed internet. as of now, i have not noticed any increase. whenever i do notice a significant increase i do call to get a better deal and it almost always goes down. it takes a little time, but it is usually worth it.

we do own our main modem/wifi router, we rent the phone modem throug comcast, and have two DVR boxes and other boxes.....that is  a big reason why the bill is not cheap.

i do think that xfinity has excellent customer service.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I am a new customer to Comcast/Xfinity.  I began in August 2019.  My September 2019 bill was $101.48.  My January 2020 bill was $128.26.  And I lost TCM channel.  I can get it back if I want to pay an additional 5.40.  

I also own my own modem to save $14/month.

Trusted Contributor

@Diamonds22   Thank you for the question.  I wonder about the same thing.  They upgraded my service with all new boxes last year at no charge.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee I used to be able to do that with the Cox "retention staff"  but NO MORE!!  I can sense the training they receive and have concluded they are on a very tight leach to authorize any discounts that aren't in their "script."

Esteemed Contributor

I have Comcast and I went into the store and got a better deal. I couldn't get anywhere with the reps on the phone. I got a good deal. I did notice my bill went up by $2. It was due to taxes. I have two TV'S, internet, landline services, two boxes with DVR and two voice remotes for $146 per month. They threw in the Movie Channel.

If it continues to rise, I will go back to the store. When I had trouble with the box in my bedroom they came out and exchanged the box and gave me a voice remote. They didn't charge me. I am content with their services.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SugarPuff wrote:

Xfinity customer service will give you the exact specifications (model type ) for the boxes and router and you can get them at Best Buy.  

@SugarPuff

The average customer does not have the tech skills to buy a cable modem and wireless routers.

Most combination units are junk. The performance of the two devices is subpar. It is better to give the cable company the rental and not keep the hardware 10 years.

I have internet and cable service. I brought my last cable modem in 2016 Comcast moved the speed up twice since then and I needed to buy a replacement. A modem will only last two years, and I keep a router three years. 

Customers can not buy Voip equipment. It is just not available. There is always the question of its user history.

Most Voip equipment is purchased in the reseller market, and the item may be lost or stolen. Comcast can say they will not activate a product. 

Cordcutters, please go Dslreports.com, the Comcast forum and ask the folks to recommend a cable modem. The modem capability should exceed the speed you plan to run. You want to buy a single new unit from a seller you know. Amazon, Best Buy, or Walmart. You need to be able to return the item. 

I would ask the members at the Comcast forum to suggest the best type and  model wireless router to buy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TO COMCAST/ IINFINITY Cable SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

@grandma2pkmh 

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Yes mine went up also about the same amount.  It makes me angry that I sign a two year contract that says I will stay with them but they don't have to keep their price the same.  I looked at the statement and didn't see where the difference was so it must be hidden somewhere.

Same happen to me with a two year contract and told it would No change.,  I called and the broadcast fee went up on mine 4.40, the internet fee, 1.00.  My bill went from 173. To 178.  Still high.  Senior on very limited income and this is my entertainment.  I have to cancel Nefflex.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TO COMCAST/ IINFINITY Cable SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

@SeaMaiden 

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Yes mine went up also about the same amount.  It makes me angry that I sign a two year contract that says I will stay with them but they don't have to keep their price the same.  I looked at the statement and didn't see where the difference was so it must be hidden somewhere.

It,s on the statement, broadcast fees went hp, internet fee and sports plus taxes.  Had a long talk with ghem, did no good.  They do what they do.

Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkOutsidetheBox 

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

If you have a two year contract with a price guarantee and your bill has gone up, look very carefully at the taxes and fees portion of your bill. That is where the increase often shows up when your service price is guaranteed not to go up. Comcast cannot control whether taxes or licensing fees go up, and so those are exempt from the price guarantee. It is annoying, but nothing can be done about it at the moment.

You are dight, that is exactly what happen.  Service fees and taxes.

Contributor

Mine went up also.  I'm pretty sure there was a notice in the prior mos. bill about the rise in cost.