Trusted Contributor

Re: TO COMCAST/ INFINITY Cable SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

@HLP   You can give "Steve from AZ" the ole heave-ho by using Nomorerobo. Comcast allows it.  I love it when the phone rings once and then poof they are gone. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, my bill went from $200.44 to $210.44 this month for bundled phone, Internet, and cable. I have one television, so I have only a single cable box. I have no special features or extra channels. (I am in PA if that matters.  My mom and sister have also had $10 a month rate hikes.)

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden Yes. Mine went up a little over 10 bucks. I compared my line item bills for last month and this month. There were several increases to line items like broadcast access fee, DVR box and a couple of other things. And the tax amount increased too. All small charges adding up to over 10.

The cost of my package, triple play, did NOT go up.

These increases bite.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   My bill goes up frequently, now it is $175+, makes me angry, but it seems it is just the way it is.  I wish it would be regulated so the cost doesn't continually rise.  I have internet with Comcast also, and that costs more than the basic package that I have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have DirecTV and our bill has gone up over $30 in the past year with unspecified increases.

However, the latest one was $10 for "regional sports fee"?  That was this month.  Sports fee????  Do I watch regional sports?  No.  I know I'm going to have to call them, as $165 a month just for TV (we have separate internet and phone) is a ridiculous amount, but we're hamstrung by no other real competition and I don't want to go to just an antenna.

What bothers me most, other than the outrageous cost, is all the offers for new subscribers.  It's galling to see them advertise "$29 a month, no rental fees ever..."  We're paying $20 a month just for the rental of two Genie units.  We've been with them for 19 years and could've bought the things dozens of times over.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden my bill went upthe same amount.  It. was equipment rental.  They keep the package the same, up the cost of the boxes. 

Best revenge- Head to a big box and buy them, save the cost.  It will save you monthy and they pay for themselves in about a years time. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@SeaMaiden my bill went upthe same amount.  It. was equipment rental.  They keep the package the same, up the cost of the boxes. 

Best revenge- Head to a big box and buy them, save the cost.  It will save you monthy and they pay for themselves in about a years time. 

@Jtdmum @I have 3 HD set boxes and 2 of the non HD set boxes....  I rent them all$$$$$

You say they sell these in store?  Is Comcast OK with that? Are they hard to set up? Normally with the Comcast boxes you have to call Comcast and get them configured  to work with your TV.  How do these  boxes you buy get configured?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden   My bill goes up frequently, now it is $175+, makes me angry, but it seems it is just the way it is.  I wish it would be regulated so the cost doesn't continually rise.  I have internet with Comcast also, and that costs more than the basic package that I have.

@mousiegirl   I have my internet and land line with Century Link....about $90 a month for that 🙁

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl   I have my internet and land line with Century Link....about $90 a month for that 🙁

@SeaMaiden   I have the landline with AT&T, they messed up so much with cable so went to comcast.  It was less expensive to stay with AT&T for the phone, $36 per month, than to go with comcast, at the time.

Super Contributor

Xfinity customer service will give you the exact specifications (model type ) for the boxes and router and you can get them at Best Buy.