Valued Contributor

I SAT AND WATCHED IT  SO MANY HOURS WAS 98 HERE AND HUMID S O SAT COOL DRINKS POPCORN .GOOD  ACTING    

Esteemed Contributor

@elizabethl123 

@elizabethl123 wrote:

I SAT AND WATCHED IT  SO MANY HOURS WAS 98 HERE AND HUMID S O SAT COOL DRINKS POPCORN .GOOD  ACTING    

I watched all three abt a month ago, but took a few days, can,t sit that long.  Enjoyed them.  My dad was from Sicily, Palmaro. We lived in SF, North Beach.

Neighbors used to come to our home and they would go into a room and discuss stuff.  I didn,t think anything of it at the time and there may not have been any thing to it.

He was able to get my son a job years ago with the city.  He had lots of contacts.

Valued Contributor

It's my all-time FAVORITE movie!!!

Read the book first, then saw the movie, and was not disappointed.

Yes, the third movie in the trilogy wasn't that great, but still, Pacino, right? Heart

Valued Contributor

I could watch that movie twenty times and never get tired of it.

Respected Contributor

So which is the favorite?  The original Godfather w/Brando or The Godfather II w/DeNiro?

For me it is a tie, however, I do think Pacino was at the top of his game in The Godfather II.  For me I think it has a slight edge over n above the original.

I recently saw the 3rd installment which they renamed something else, it had Andy Garcia as a heavy and Al Pacino wasn't the Michael we knew from the other two movies.  He even acted it differently, wasn't the same cool, calm, ruthless Michael we all knew and loved.  That was really disappointing and no where near in the same league with the others.

I could watch the first 2 movies over n over n over, and always learn something new about a character or notice a look or gesture I hadn't seen before.  Good way to spend an afternoon and evening.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I watched it yesterday too .... I have lost count of the number of times

I have seen this ....love it .... so hot here ... it was good to sit ....I like

the first and second equallyl .... was soooooo disappointed in the

third .. have not really seen it all the way through ...

Respected Contributor

My favorite is when Coppola did a special edition and compiled #1 and #2 into one movie and it was in chronological order starting with DeNiro as a child in Italy.  I used to have the DVD but it's long gone.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime 

That was my favorite, too. I loved seeing the movies in chronological order.