Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "FLIGHT FROM THE FINAL DEMON" D. JANSSEN, ED NELSON MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EAST

Done, @Pearlee !   Hope not too much was given away, too soon.

Yes, imagine 28 being considered the "age of no return" for a single person--  that is one way in which things have certainly changed since then!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "FLIGHT FROM THE FINAL DEMON" D. JANSSEN, ED NELSON MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EAST

I didn't read this thread till after I watched this afternoon,  so no worries @Pearlee  and @Oznell  about posting too much information.  Enjoyed everyone's views.

Steve Edson certainly had me fooled.  At first I thought he lied to Kimble and had not been acquitted, but was on the run.  I did find it amusing when Linda said he was her last chance at 28!    @Pearlee - I remember that scene from Marty - sure glad times have changed!

Was Kimble a pediatrician?  At the beginning when he was massaging Carroll O'Connor, the narrator said Kimble had saved the lives of countless children.   I don't remember hearing anything about that before.

All in all, it was an OK episode.

Honored Contributor

You're right, @twinsister -- he was a pediatrician.  Although as @Pearlee said, he had certain qualities that would have made him a terrific psychiatrist as well!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@OznellVery interesting and astute comments
Yes Kimble certainly had Nelson's psyche figured out. There have been several other episodes where I've thought Kimble would have made a good psychiatrist.

There was definitely tension in the chase scenes. And running down those fire escapes made me think how common that was in that era, in movies and in TV shows. I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on Ed Nelson's acting.

One thing, Tique and I were careful to use spoiler alerts for the ending and the phrase I used. Drizzella and twinsister may not have seen this episode yet so I wonder if you might want to put in a spoiler alert since you mentioned it?

Don't you worry about me. I watched the episode last night. There was enough warning that if I hadn't seen it, I could move on.

OK - I will admit it - I watched the episode last night. Except for a minute or so. AND it was when Ed confessed to David that he wasn't innocent. I kind of figured it out. BUT I am so thankful that you ladies discussed it in detail and brought me up to speed. 

Now I have to keep reminding myself not to stray away from the TV during that hour, so I don't miss anything.

Honored Contributor

@drizella I thought you'd give up the wee hours show because you kept falling asleep đź’¤ so there was a good possibility you hadn't seen it yet!
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@drizella I thought you'd give up the wee hours show because you kept falling asleep đź’¤ so there was a good possibility you hadn't seen it yet!

I thought so too. But last night I wasn't tired. And in fact I was going to watch The Lucy Show after the Fugitive. But she had Jack La Lanne as a guest and he didn't appeal to me. And the other episode didn't sound like it was worth it.

Thanks for looking out for me. I try to watch it "live".  Because I have so many shows recorded and I don't sit down and watch them.