Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN ME

That is interesting trivia about Perry Como, @twinsister !  I love Perry Como--  what a mellow character.   I think he was supposed to have been a shrewd businessman as well, so the TV production end must have appealed to him...

That must be a first, observant @Tique , where Kimble doesn't appear in the epilog!   (Maybe DJ couldn't stand to be in that particular episode for one more minute, ha.)

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN ME

@twinsister. I forgot to mention earlier that I really liked the comment you made about Corona from the show.

@Tique. Will you have a memorable passage this week? I think there are slim pickens from this epi. 😉
Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN MER

@Pearlee  -Thanks!

@Oznell - My parents loved Perry Como and so did I.   Remember watching his show with them as a child.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

...@Tique. Will you have a memorable passage this week? I think there are slim pickens from this epi. 😉

@Pearlee  very slim but yes. It will probably be posted tonight.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

This week's memorable exchange took place between Kimble and Tad. Kimble and Tad were in a car with Tad driving. Tad was giddy with the realization he had finally accomplished what he had been trying to do throughout most of this bizarre episode – free Dr. Kimble.

Kimble looked back to ensure no one was following them. He started the conversation. “You can stop now Tad. We’re safe.”

Tad laughed maniacally. “Hey we really fooled them. Didn’t we? Did you see their faces? “Kimble looked at Tad with a mixture of concern for Tad as well as for himself. Kimble nodded. ”Man we sure showed them something. Done pulled off a regular ‘Hanes McClure’." Kimble looked over at Tad once again. This time you could see on Kimble's face he didn't like that analogy. He had a look of disgust. Tad went on, “Fooled that whole bunch so bad. Walked right out on them. Walked right out. Walked out of that jail. Did ya see that? Walked out…just like…” Tad laughed. “Just like…” Tad stopped the car and put his head down on the steering wheel. He continued to laugh hysterically until his laugh turned into more of a cry. Kimble sat there, looking straight ahead and giving Tad time. After a few moments Tad composed himself. He looked away and then continued, "Sorry. I’m so sorry.”

Kimble looked at him. “Go on back Tad.”

Tad shook his head. He started to speak with more than a little desperation. “I can’t. I can’t. I’ve got to get away from there.” Here’s what he was thinking but was too embarrassed to say: “If I don’t get away from there, I’ll become what everyone thinks you are: A murderer. I will kill my mother. I can’t stay.”

Kimble continued looking at him. “Well don’t run.” Tad turned to face Kimble. The two men looked at each other as Kimble continued, “If you feel you have to get away, then walk away. Don’t run.” Tad looked at Kimble and you could see him digesting this advice. Kimble turned to the door, opened it, and got out. He slowly walked in front of the car and that was the last time we saw him.

Honored Contributor

@Tique. You did manage to salvage a worthwhile passage from the episode! That was indeed worth pointing out, as Kimble tries to help set another person on the right track in life. 👍
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Look what came next...

Honored Contributor

I commented above that in that first photo you posted earlier he was just about to crack a [rare] smile! 😍
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I remember so why didn't I post it then...well it could be one of these.

• I just found it; or

• I decided not to post everything I had right away and instead opted to S-P-R-E-A-D things out.

Am I telling which it is or if it's either? Not a chance.

Honored Contributor

I entirely agree with @Pearlee , @Tique ,  you combed through that dross, and pulled out something worthwhile for us.  You've done yeoman work indeed--  good job!