Contributor
Do you guys watch ponderosa? I've actually been enjoying that very much. There's a song on this last one that is really cool and very well written.
Trusted Contributor

I was a true die hard fan of Survivor from the very beginning, but this season, after the first few episodes I just quit watching, the show is not interesting to me anymore, JMO!

Respected Contributor

I forgot there was a  Survivor thread!!

I gotta say--getting rid of Shan was a brilliant blindside and then Liana last week.  I didn't like either one of them and now I'm to the point that I really don't care who wins.  I didn't like all these advantages and having to keep track of who had what.  It just muddied up the game for me.  It hasn't been the best season, but I actually like that it was shorter.  Sometimes the last 10 days (probably 2 episodes) just drag on.

Valued Contributor

@DrKelli ...  so agree ...  part of the fun was who has an idol not keeping count and what special powers he or she has.

So many shows have changed in the name of diversity on both Survivor and on Big Brother and have been disappointments.  They are trying too hard.

Esteemed Contributor
@jellyBEAN wrote:

I'm still watching.  Though I've not been thrilled with this season, I still enjoy watching.  The challenges are all a snoozefest.  First it was the race to finish the puzzle.  Now its endurance.  I definitely see one of the men winning this one.

I've always liked Danny.  I think he's a good guy.

I also like Zander(?) - he's hung in there, made some good moves and is not a jerky guy.

DeShawn - nope, don't thin he'll get the votes.

Riccard - I didn't know what to think of him at first.  Was he trustworthy or a snake?  I've grown to like him though, and think he's really playing it cool, level-headed and dare I say, even honestly?

I guess they'll keep Heather around cause she's no chance of winning.  Erika - don't think she would get the votes to win.

So if its between Danny, Zander and Riccard - I'd be happy for any one of them, but I do lean toward Danny, only because I think he's a good guy, not because he's made the moves Zander and Riccard have.

I feel like starting with your 2nd paragraph I could cut, paste, and say ditto to your post. Smiley Happy

I agree that, although it would have been nice to have a female winner, the stronger female players have left the building so to speak. If whoever makes it to the finale doesn't take Heather, and possibly Erika (if that's a choice and unless Erika makes some amazing move in the next episode) they need to have their head examined. Smiley Very Happy

I also like Danny and Xander quite a bit but, like you, I've grown to really like Ricard a lot. I fear if he doesn't win immunity this week he could be in danger. The only difference I have from what you wrote is that I've been really enjoying this season very much and other than last week I've enjoyed the challenges as well. The season started slow but I find myself looking forward to watching every week.

The advantages and idols were a little hard to keep track of in the beginning until I realized I didn't need to. The players always seem to remind us when/if they're planning on using one. The the thing is, other than  Xander unnecessarily using his extra vote last week no one has even used one other than possibly Deshawn. Shan and Naseer both left with idols and we know Xander is the only person who has one as of now. It looks like someone may find one this week (maybe).

Personally, I LOVED Wednesday's tribal council. That, and the relationship we saw between Shan and Ricard, was so special and heartwarming to watch and reminded me again of why I love Survivor so much. 

@Susan423 I do watch the Ponderosa videos. What an amazing place! They've been especially good this season. 

I also watch the secret scenes videos. My favorite was the one when Xander told Ricard and Shan he has a crush on Liana. I don't think she feels the same but he was cute telling them about it. Heart