Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor 11/23 double episode (SPOILERS)

Tonight a great season comes to an end.  It morphed into a great season and take note, Probst -- with all newbies, all of them but one (Ken) huge fans of Survivor, familiar with the game, playing it hard and well.

Is everyone rooting for Adam?   Why haven't they said whether he saw his mother before she died?  Did he leave early and see her, stay and win, or neither?

If not Adam I want Jay, who probably has no chance.  The jury is full of his peers, and he's great at comps. 

Who I don't want is David or Bret. 

Respected Contributor

Personally, I want Jay to win.  It will be a good finale, I think.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Tonight a great season comes to an end.  It morphed into a great season and take note, Probst -- with all newbies, all of them but one (Ken) huge fans of Survivor, familiar with the game, playing it hard and well.

Is everyone rooting for Adam?   Why haven't they said whether he saw his mother before she died?  Did he leave early and see her, stay and win, or neither?

If not Adam I want Jay, who probably has no chance.  The jury is full of his peers, and he's great at comps. 

Who I don't want is David or Bret. 

@LoriLori- I wanted Zeke to win, he was playing the game.  Hannah is too live wire for me, she needs to settle down and relax.  She overreacts too much during tribal and on the island.  Jay is doing great in challenges, I like Ken and Adam too.  David is playing the game and I didn't think he'd come this far.  Brett and Hannah seem to be flying under the radar. 

Whoever wins, I always like the finale.  Some of the craziness, seen while on the island, seems to disappear once they have all had a good meal, hot shower, and sleep.  Very sad to hear Adam's mom passed away.  I do hope he was able to be with her at the end.  I'm sure they'll say something tonight. 

Honored Contributor

Curious. I don't care for Adam or Jay and don't want either to win. Adam is a whiner and Jay a user con man who is just so impressed with himself. I liked Ken until he turned into an informer. If I had to choose the one I want to win, it would be David by default. 

Honored Contributor

i want ken to win because i generally liked his work ethic and his play

........i do NOT want hannah to win.

great tribal councils tonight and great challenges.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Ken betrayed David and lost anyway, not only the game but his honor as well. Seems Ken's loyalty is for sale. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Survivor historian, but have we ever had  a unanimous vote for the winner before? I don't recall one. Usually there's at least one dissenting vote. The skeptic in me wonders if maybe production, once they learned who the winner was, may have let (encouraged) those who cast dissenting votes to revote for the guy who did win, so it would make for a better storyline?

Ken and Hannah both played a pretty good game and had friends on the jury, so for neither one to get even one vote from the jury seemed a tick odd. Adam really played up the sympathy angle for his votes. After the Jonny Fairplay dead grandmother gambit a few years back, I'm not sure I'd believe anyone about anything that was going on with their family.

Adam let slip that he knew he'd won when he returned home and told his mom, so someone apparently counted the votes sometime before Jeff did on the stage.

I'm betting there was conversation, likely multiple conversations, on the island about whether Adam's mother was really sick that weren't aired.  We had Jonny Fairplay lie about his grandmother dying on Survivor and then Matt Hoffman lying about his wife having a serious medical condition on Big Brother 12, so any reality show fan would be suspicious of a story like that. I'd be kind of surprised if there wasn't at least one juror who thought the whole thing was  a lie and didn't initially vote for Adam. Rather than have a dissenting vote/votes and forcing the voter/voters to explain why they didn't vote for Adam and his dying mother, production may have let them revote after they knew that his mother did in fact have terminal cancer and had died. There's no real need for a dissenting vote once they knew Adam had in fact won the vote count.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I was hoping Ken would win but I'm happy with Adam winning. I didn't want Hannah to win because I don't think she did much at all, even though she thinks she did!  I do feel bad about Adam's mother, and I'm sure he gained sympathy votes from the jury with their story. I'm glad he got the chance to see his mother before she passed.

Ken didn't look too happy sitting there last night - maybe it's his "social awkwardness". At least Hannah was smiling and interacting with the others. He seemed okay when Jeff spoke to him but other than that looked like a grump. I'm sure he was disappointed he didn't win since he wanted to so badly for his daughter. 

@gardenman, I think Adam said he just told his mother he won, he didn't know for sure, but told her he did because in his heart he felt like he did. And I guess he felt it was what she'd want to hear. At least he could truthfully tell her he made it to the final three.

There have been several other times when a winner won with unaminous votes (I had to look it up because I could only remember Cochran winning this way):

Earl Cole (Fiji)

James "JT" Thomas (Tocantins)

John Cochran (Caramoan)

Jeremy Collins (Cambodia)

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman, I disagree completely.  If I recall correctly prior to the final tribal he had only told Jay.  Maybe Jay told everyone at Ponderosa?  Up until the final tribal I don't think Adam used his mother's illness to get ahead or win.

And I definitely do not believe Survivor would ever have a re-vote to make something unanimous.  There's too many people looking on.  Look at the theory cooked up about the reward challenge advantage, when all along it was still in play.

My favorite unanimous vote was JT.  I will never forget Stephen Fishbach, architect of JT's strategy, responsible for every big game move JT made, sitting there in agony as he didn't get a single vote.  And it was because of JT's social game.

Honored Contributor

Also @gardenman, I totally agree with @lainey1's explanation of Adam's mom's deathbed and I'll just add that it doesn't sound like she was conscious at the time.  When he found the idols and advantage he said he could feel that she knew about it then.  So he was using the same words the same way.