Respected Contributor

I think Naomie hugged JD because she had just spoken with Shep and Whitney, and Naomie asked what she should do.  Shep mentioned to give Liz a big hug, and just say "hello" to JD.  Maybe Naomie ended up hugging JD because she felt awkward after hugging Liz? I'm guessing she hadn't intended on hugging him, and it just happened in an awkward moment.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Interesting when Thomas, the old sot, told his girlfriend that if Kathryn had been as calm and sweet as she was that night, when they spoke and Kathryn didn't know he had a girlfriend, that they would still be together  He still loves Kathryn, and she loves him, WHY  she does, I can't imagine, and she is now clean and now the real Kathryn.  I have always like her, much better now that she is clean.  As Kathryn said after meeting the Ashley, she has an agenda, and that was obvious last night in a BIG way.

It seems it has been decided that Naomi is to be the B, front and center, this season.  she seems very angry, maybe with herself but doesn't realize it, re Craig.

JD is disgusting!  Maybe Liz is defending him due to their children, and will until the issue dies down, then quietly divorce.

Last season, I really liked Austin,  Now, he just like the others, partying and boozing every night, and the reason Chelsea didn't want to continue seeing him, though still likes him.  Shep, I guess, will live on his trust fund forever, and eventually, will suffer the consequences of the heavy drinking.

Craig has a law degree, so wonder why he isn't using it.

I guess Landon hasn't been around, I hadn't noticed until I read a post, lol. 

Cameron was adorable in her red dress.  I don't believe she thinks she is above everyone, she has a great sense of humor, and I doubt, from what i understand, her husband would love her if she was that type of person.

I thought Patrician throwing a party for Cameron, and telling her since she is throwing it, she should pick the guests, to be the epitome of selfishness.  Normally, whomever throws a party for someone, invites the guests that person likes even if she/he doesn't even know some or any of the guests, but not Patricia, always has to have it her way.

Whitney is in the background this season so far, and I hope he stays there.

I think I have covered everyone, lol.

I thought what Thomas said was in a voiceover, and not spoken to his new girlfriend?  Or maybe it was a similar conversation.

Thomas' "innuendos" are really grossing me out.  He always tries to make innocent words into something else.  He truly has one subject on the mind at all times.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

Naomie can be a little too aggressive.  I understand her frustrations with Craig, but she's a little too nasty at times.  I'm sure she's angry she "wasted" 3 years of her time, but she should tone it down a little, IMHO. 

I'm not liking Chelsea that much this season either.  And all the "female empowerment" she kept repeating made me roll my eyes a little.  Smiley Happy  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Southern Charm...SEASON 5, 2018

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am not liking naomie too much this season.

she really needs to leave craig alone if she doesnt want to be with him.

she should not have spoken to patricia about who she should invited to the baby shower.

WHY did she hug JD last night when said all of that stuff to him last week? she should have avoided him by walking away.

You and I seem to share a lot of the same thoughts when it comes to these shows and who we like. I hope that doesn't scare you, lol. JK! Smiley Very Happy

I'm not liking Naomie this season either. It started a little bit near the end of last season but I gave her the benefit of the doubt knowing she and Craig were having problems. I even understood her feeling like he was being a little disinterested in pursuing a career in law, but at least he passed the bar. He also wasn't just sitting around like Shep and Austen do drinking beer and playing video games. He was gardening, sewing, cooking, buying rentals (one of which he now lives in!). A perfect househusband, lol, but that's not what she wants. She wants him to be a successful lawyer, and that's fine, but if it's not what he wants she needs to move on and stop degrading him every chance she gets. What I like about Craig is he's not a womanizer like some of the others seem to be.

The scene with JD was just embarrassing, more for Naomie than JD, and whether JD is a jerk or not (and probably is), Naomie came off as a mean and bitter woman looking for anyone she could go off on. It made Chelsea look bad, and even Danni who was shown laughing at the attack. The break-up club are looking a lot like mean girls. 

I agree she was wrong to approach Patricia (who we both like, see the pattern? lol) at the shower regarding the guest list. It was another case of inserting herself in something that's none of her business. Very inappropriate. I think the reason she hugged JD was a combination of a few things. One was Craig advising her not to make a scene and assuring her JD would return the favor, and possibly for Elizabeth's sake? I'm not sure. When she flipped them off as they left the party I thought it was for Liz because she had just said "I love you guys," but on reflection, it was probably meant for JD. 

I didn't mean to write a novel but I feel like Naomie, who I used to really like, has become bitter and mean. If I had psycologist's hat I could put on for analysis, I'd say she's frustrated that she couldn't mold Craig in to the person she wants him to be. She knows he has a good heart, and good men seem to be far and few between on this show, but she can't get past what she sees as his lack of ambition. Sometimes it's a hard lesson to learn that we can't change people--especially if they're happy with who they are.

Last night, after she laid into Craig at the baby shower ,saying she was better than him because "she had her "stuff" together." He answered, confusedly, "but you're still living off your parents" which is probably, at least partially, true. Craig doesn't have the comfortable cushion of wealthy parents who supplement his income, and I thought it was interesting she had no comeback for his comment. 

Esteemed Contributor

"Cameron was adorable in her red dress.  I don't believe she thinks she is above everyone, she has a great sense of humor, and I doubt, from what i understand, her husband would love her if she was that type of person." @mousiegirl

ITA with you. I don't see Cameron as being someone who thinks she's above it all either. I do think she sees some of what the others do, and (legitimately), thinks "what the heck?" Don't we all, lol? I mean who doesn't look at Shep and Austen and think they're spending a lot of time at the bar or at Thomas and wonder why he's such a d-bag? 

Cameron is a young woman who really has her life together living in a beautiful home, with a great husband, a successful career, and is excited to become a mom (I know her daughter has arrived, but I'm going with the timeline of the show). Add to that she's as cute as can be, funny, and a good friend. I can see why some would think she'd be above it all, because compared to some of them (imo) she is, lol! Regardless, I've never seen her come across that way. Maybe she's not perfect but she's definitely not a snob.

Honored Contributor

I think Cameron totally has her sheit together. I think she's absolutely adorable too.  ALL of that being said, I do think she's a bit high on herself and does think she's better than everyone. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

OK, so that was totally stupid the way Whitney was there 'helping' Cameron prepare physically for her baby???!!!  Just plain stupid and a total set up!

Just what is it that Craig does for a living?  Does anyone know?  Does anyone else think it's strange the way he 'thinks' (key word thinks) he's a seamstress.

So, was I right that he gave Cameron the parts of the bear he tried to sew but messed up on?  What was that about?

They should call this show 'Loosers'.  That would be more appropriate for a title.  These males are just loosers.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

OK, so that was totally stupid the way Whitney was there 'helping' Cameron prepare physically for her baby???!!!  Just plain stupid and a total set up!

Just what is it that Craig does for a living?  Does anyone know?  Does anyone else think it's strange the way he 'thinks' (key word thinks) he's a seamstress.

So, was I right that he gave Cameron the parts of the bear he tried to sew but messed up on?  What was that about?

They should call this show 'Loosers'.  That would be more appropriate for a title.  These males are just loosers.

@Annabellethecat66  Yes...that was stupid as can be. He was not needed.... with his hands all over her body. And I've never heard of a pregnant woman needing to assume those positions to give birth. Most pregnant women that far along can't even bend down like she did lol.

I don't understand why Craig would give a defective bear as a gift either. It makes one wonder where his mind is. He's very odd, as are most of the other males on the show.

I beginning to think Thomas enjoys toying with women's feelings. It's sick really.

Honored Contributor

...and who doesnt love their catchy theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hpchh_UmjU

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Southern Charm

[ Edited ]

@holly&ivy wrote:

The ladies have found their voices

Cameron as always thinks she is above them

The men all need to grow up

Thomas's new girlfriend seems to be a gold digger and should shut up about Kathryn when it comes to the kids. She is new and not the step mom.

Cameron does think she's above everyone.  I've always thought she was so adorable, but she has an air of arrogance to her, and she does throw others under the bus quite often. 

T. Rav's girlfriend is most definitely a gold digger and she wants Thomas in order to live a high-society rich life!  She's in it for the money. 

I don't blame Kathryn for being ticked, but Kathryn cooked her own goose by being so crazy for so long.  I actually like Kathryn,  I don't care for Cameron as I think she trashes others so frequently and then acts as if she's their friend.  I would not trust her at all!  She is cute though.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"