Super Contributor

Can't stand Landon.  Her voice grates on my nerves.  She acts like she has 2 brain cells fighting for control.  Can't end a sentence without giggling, its very annoying.  LOVE Patricia!  She reminds me a little of "Julia Sugarbaker" from Designing Women.  Awesome show!

Honored Contributor

it just boggles my mind that people dont use protection when they are not in a committed relationship. we all know that this is dangerous (and i am not talking about pregnancy). people who sleep around without thinking about it should at the very least be careful and smart! she knew that he was and he knew that she was. what were they thinking?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I totally and wholeheartedly agree that it was up to Kathryn to use protection.  Yes Thomas should have and it should be a discussion among both the man and the woman but ultimately, she was the one that was going ot end up pregnant and it was easy for him to walk away so I put the blame on her.  I certainly wouldn't leave something as important as that up to anyone other than me.

That being said, this may be another show that I dump.  This week may have did me in.  Add me to the list of those that cannot stand Landon.  That horrible, whiney voice, the constant giggling and the squinty eyes.  Not to mention her flightiness.  Out of this group are any of them regularly employed except Cameron?  I used to like her but this year, even she is getting on my last nerve.

That party was weird and I don't believe Landon invited Kathryn. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Southern Charm

[ Edited ]

Oh please...it's also up to him to use protection....anyone hear of Trojan?  He could, at least, have used that.   

If he didn't want to be with her in a committed relationship with children, he certainly could have done something about it.  She obviously wanted children and for him to stay with her--she was mistaken.

I'd not have trusted she was on anything even is she said she was.  She was looking for a sugar daddy.  I think she wanted to marry into the Ravenel name.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Remember when Kathryn found out she was pregnant and it could have been 3 of the guys but DNA test found the father. The other 2 guys were thrilled it wasn't there child. I wonder if the child was Whitney's I would think Patricia would be so happy. She wants a Grandchild so bad. I think Patricia would accept Kathryn in the family. It would be a whole different show if that happened.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe in this age anyone would 'be together' without insisting on protection.  

In the 'old days' when I was young it was just about preventing pregnancy, these days.......whoa!  It's about keeping everything away!

I know people who are in their mid thirties and younger.  They've told me all through high school and college they knew to insist a person insist and wear protection.  These days females carry it with THEM!

For so many of these idiots to not protect themselves (that she didn't know who the father was) how many others were there?  Didn't it occur to them they've could have gotten something from another guy?

My daughters said from high school they were always taught when you go to bed with one person you are going to bed with everyone they've ever been with.  That was drilled into high school kids back in the 90's!!

Yet, on this show it just seems to be ...... "so what"?  It's obvious to me she wanted a sugar daddy and was going to get one one way or another.

Maybe that's the way she was raised.  A girl gets married and pops out a baby and cares for the baby and doesn't worry about supporting herself and getting a job.  I don't know......it seems Landon (the idiot) seems to feel that way.  She has no idea on how to secure a job or what she wants to do.  Yet she has the audacity to criticize Katherine.  Just crazy!

The men aren't much better.  They are a motley group.  Those children are his children and I would think he'd want them to be comfortable and happy with each parent (not just him).  He's putting everything into his place and Katherine has to beg for everything.  Based on the kind of money he is supposed to have, he could surely give her enough money that she shouldn't have to beg.  

I'm sorry but based on the kind of money he's supposed to have (I heard someone say it was $2,500 he was giving her), that isn't enough money for her to pay for rent, food and things for two children (especially children in diapers, etc).  

Yes, Katherine is definitely paying for her decision.  Sure, she has two wonderful children, but she could have two wonderful children, be married and be happy had she waited and done all of this another way.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I decided to follow these clowns on their Instagram/Twitter (emphasis being on "twit" when it comes to Kathryn)........she's already moved on with some guy....posted a pic of her in a unicorn onesie and a stuffed giraffe that he gave her.......sounds like a mature relationship to me......NOT!!  This woman (or girl) should have never reproduced......if she's still in the mindset that a man can solve your problems, she hasn't learned a thing.

Honored Contributor

Well of course Thomas could have and should have used protection but ultimately, it's her body and SHE is responsible for it. SHE should have made sure to use protection.  She obviously knew Thomas didn't slip a condom on so at that point, it was up to her.        

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I can't believe in this age anyone would 'be together' without insisting on protection.  

In the 'old days' when I was young it was just about preventing pregnancy, these days.......whoa!  It's about keeping everything away!

I know people who are in their mid thirties and younger.  They've told me all through high school and college they knew to insist a person insist and wear protection.  These days females carry it with THEM!

For so many of these idiots to not protect themselves (that she didn't know who the father was) how many others were there?  Didn't it occur to them they've could have gotten something from another guy?

My daughters said from high school they were always taught when you go to bed with one person you are going to bed with everyone they've ever been with.  That was drilled into high school kids back in the 90's!!

Yet, on this show it just seems to be ...... "so what"?  It's obvious to me she wanted a sugar daddy and was going to get one one way or another.

Maybe that's the way she was raised.  A girl gets married and pops out a baby and cares for the baby and doesn't worry about supporting herself and getting a job.  I don't know......it seems Landon (the idiot) seems to feel that way.  She has no idea on how to secure a job or what she wants to do.  Yet she has the audacity to criticize Katherine.  Just crazy!

The men aren't much better.  They are a motley group.  Those children are his children and I would think he'd want them to be comfortable and happy with each parent (not just him).  He's putting everything into his place and Katherine has to beg for everything.  Based on the kind of money he is supposed to have, he could surely give her enough money that she shouldn't have to beg.  

I'm sorry but based on the kind of money he's supposed to have (I heard someone say it was $2,500 he was giving her), that isn't enough money for her to pay for rent, food and things for two children (especially children in diapers, etc).  

Yes, Katherine is definitely paying for her decision.  Sure, she has two wonderful children, but she could have two wonderful children, be married and be happy had she waited and done all of this another way.

@Annabellethecat66  I so agree, especially about the amount of money Thomas gives Katherine.  Nevermind all of the BS between the two of them, ultimately, his children will suffer the repercussions of Thomas not taking care of their Mother properly.  They will certainly notice the difference between his house and their Mother's house.  He is rich so he should keep the Mother of his children comfortable.  I wonder if he is hoping that eventually, the children will want to live with him due to his opulence, but I doubt it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What is Kathryn's background?  Why is she even around these people?   I do not understand why these men on this show fall for her. I do not see a pretty girl at all.

How could she get pregnant twice by a man that does not want to marry her? And he is so short! And so ugly!  Like his plastic looking Mother.   It must be his inheritance.  I do not see what else she could see in him.