Trusted Contributor

If you like British mysteries and especially Father Brown I'd recommend this.  She was in one of the first seasons of Father Brown.  Sister Bonaface has several degrees in science/medicine and helps the police investigate murders in the '60s.  

You can watch this on Brit Box or I found it on Prime Video and am taking advantage of a free trial.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sister Bonaface Mysteries

I have Britbox and Acorn, as I adore British tv. Looking forward to watching this one. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

@Tommie1965 Do you have some favorites you can recommend from Acorn?  

Respected Contributor

We are big Brittbox watchers and watched the first episode of Sister Boaface last week.  Seeems a bit more contrived and hopefully will improve for us.  Going to give it a few more tries before we bail.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wondering, do you pay for Britbox?  I can get it on my Roku but it asks for a password and also says free trial in the lower corner.  To me that means pay.  I pay for PBS so I figure I need to pay for this too.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmybeetle I'm doing a free trial for Britbox from Amazon Prime & when I do the free trials (I've done them on Hulu & Netflix) I cancel the night before the trial ends & this has worked for me in the past so hopefully will work in this instance too.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jk9 I always find for me that with the British mysteries like Midsommer, Father Brown & others that there's so many different layers/things going on that I have to really pay attention to end up w/the same resolution as the show so that probably means it is more contrived.  I'm finding that that this is a good distraction for me right now.

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Just wondering, do you pay for Britbox?  I can get it on my Roku but it asks for a password and also says free trial in the lower corner.  To me that means pay.  I pay for PBS so I figure I need to pay for this too.

Acorn is $6/month and Britbox is $7/ month. To me those prices are well worth the content.

Trusted Contributor

I love British mysteries (British tv in general) but have neither of these providers.  I'll have to look into subscribing.  This thread caught my attention because one of my grade school teachers was Sr. Bonaface!  She was one of my favorites.

Trusted Contributor

@LuvSoCal She's quite a character as are the others in the show.  My remembrance is that she has a Phd in both Medicine & Science plus was a code breaker at Bletchley Circle & the convent she's part of makes their own wine so she has a lab set up there & uses it to help the police w/the murder investigations.  

I'm doing a free trial for Britbox so possibly you can do that also as I've already done ones w/Hulu & Netflix & I just make sure to cancel them the night before the last day & so far I haven't had any issues.