Honored Contributor

i know we all die eventually, but how do we know that rebecca is "dying?"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MyShadowLove   She comes back because posters still reply to the nonsense with the same explanations which she ignores everytime.

If you want to feed her need for attention, feel free.  But it's a waste of time taking her bait.

@Cakers3 ...I'm taken aback by your post to me....My post was not meant to "feed her need for attention" or  "taking her bait"....May I remind you that it was your reply to a post to @Jordan2 that indirectly referred to that poster which then prompted her to quote both of your posts and reply back to you.

I simply was just having some fun and adding some humor to it all, something of which seems to have become difficult to do on these forums gradually over time, unfortunately.

@Jordan2 ...I have nothing to "Let Go"...My post was perfectly innocent and meant to add some humor as I mentioned above.

Have a good evening!

@MyShadowLove   It was meant as a generic "you" and my apology for not making that clear.

I alluded to her but did not respond to her, either, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am so enjoying the uncle nicky character!

i have lauged several times tonight.

i am definitely rooting for him.......hope he makes it!

@sunshine45  DH & I laughed several times at the interplay between Nicky & Kevin .

I am curious about Kate & her teenage boyfriend. I haven't seen any references to the relationship , but I haven't been able to watch much of the first seasons . I wonder if something traumatic happened that caused her to 'eat through her emotions'? 

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am so enjoying the uncle nicky character!

i have lauged several times tonight.

i am definitely rooting for him.......hope he makes it!

@sunshine45  DH & I laughed several times at the interplay between Nicky & Kevin .

I am curious about Kate & her teenage boyfriend. I haven't seen any references to the relationship , but I haven't been able to watch much of the first seasons . I wonder if something traumatic happened that caused her to 'eat through her emotions'? 

I was thinking too that 19 year old Kate does not look so much overweight. I would not trust this boy, he appeared from nowhere and seemed to really impact her life, he seems very aggressive. And we know he is older than Kate. 

Honored Contributor

i was wondering if kate has her first sexual experiences with her boyfriend?

then maybe he dumps her OR gets her pregnant? or maybe he forces her to do things she doesnt want to do? we already know that kate is in a fragile and vulnerable state during this period of time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

So do you think Miguel was at the dinner in the role of friend, not boyfriend? I get the impression it may have only been a year or so since Jack’s death, I don’t think Rebecca was involved with him ( I thought they reconnected years later on line). Kate seemed to be an average girl when she had a boyfriend, something bad must have happened, maybe it caused her to spiral out of control. I definitely think Kevin and Cassidy get together.

Honored Contributor

Miguel was there as a friend to the family, and in support to Rebecca having a dinner party. 

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely loved this week's episode...As other posters expressed, I am also enjoying the interplay between Nicky & Kevin...I do feel bad for Kevin as he is trying so hard to help Nicky and to also help Cassidy with her marriage and he is getting hit from both sides...but he is taking it all in stride and handling it very well...I love where the writers have taken Kevin's character and storyline this season.

I'm happy to see that it looks like there will be nothing romantic between Kevin and Cassidy as I haven't been able to quite picture them together in a more intimate relationship...I see the storyline between Nicky, Kevin & Cassidy as being very therapeautic for each of them and it will be interesting to see it all play out.

There is definitely something very suspicious about Kate's boyfriend...I think that he sees a vulnerability in Kate and is taking advantage of her...I have found him creepy from the beginning and didn't like how he just showed up at her house when he knew her family was getting together...I found it very intrusive and I didn't like the way he turned to Miguel and said..."Who are you again?"...I agree that Kate's relationship with him will end up having a traumatic affect on her.

As far as Miguel being in Kate's life after Jack's death, I wouldn't expect anything less....He is looking after his best friend's family and helping them during their time of grief...something that any best friend would do...If I remember correctly, early on in this show, Jack had asked Miguel to look after his family if anything happened to him...We already know that, eventually, Miguel ends up going to Texas.

@sunshine45...In response to your question about how do we know that Rebecca is dying, there were many indications in the previous season where they showed scenes in the future...In the Season 3 finale, we see an elderly Rebecca and something is obviously wrong with her as we see her bed-ridden.  

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

i do remember seeing rebecca in bed, but not necessarily sold on her being on her deathbed just yet. lots of twists and turns always in this show.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

i do remember seeing rebecca in bed, but not necessarily sold on her being on her deathbed just yet. lots of twists and turns always in this show.

@sunshine45 ...Yes, that's true but it didn't look too promising as everyone was gathering at the house and Rebecca didn't appear very alert and the whole scene was quite concerning.

I'm not sure I like the writers taking us that far into the future.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~