Contributor

I'm a huge "Scandal" fan and I was looking some things up yesterday when I heard that Kerry Washington had a baby boy and named him Caleb....I read these posts that some people are convinced that the baby daddy is really Tony Goldwyn not Kerry's hubby..  There was also a big "Scandal" when Tony did a panel discussion in NY recently and (gasp!) wasn't wearing his wedding ring.  Supposedly some people were actually asking the poor guy where his ring was and he said he is fliming a movie...I can't believe someone would ask a perfect stranger (even though they are on TV and you feel like you know them, but you don't) about something like that. I know I've seen Tony on several talk shows and he was recently Kelly Ripa's cohost and they were talking about the fact that him and his wife will be married 30 years next year and I've heard him talk very sweetly about her several times. I mean who knows what goes on behind the scenes. I just think some people can't separate fact from fiction. Just curious as to what some other "Scandal" fans think of this rumor?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scandal - Kerry & Tony?

[ Edited ]

I hadn't heard those rumors but wanted to say that my boss had lost a lot of weight so he stopped wearing his wedding ring.  A good friend of mine who knew him noticed and so was quite sure it must be because he was having marital problems and they had split.  I have no idea how many people she had shared that observation with before she told me and I could convince her no, he was still very happily married.  It's amazing how quickly people enjoy jumping to that conclusion.

ETA:  He had stopped wearing it until he was finished losing and then got it re-sized and was wearing it again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Scandal - Kerry & Tony?

[ Edited ]

@Detta @Wsmom  Here's Kerry Washington's REAL husband.  She now has 2 children by him, very close in age.

A daughter named Isabella -born April 2014 and a son Caleb born October 5, 2016

Her husband is retired football player Nnamdi Asomgha (good luck pronouncing it) Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Detta @Wsmom  Here's Kerry Washington's REAL husband.  She now has 2 children by him, very close in age.

Her husband is retired football player Nnamdi Asomgha (good luck pronouncing it) Ha!

@Annabellethecat66

Did you have a link for us?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Did you have a link for us?

Highlight his name and Google search it. Easy

Honored Contributor

Well it will be easy enough to tell if the baby is hubby's or not, as he is African American and Tony is not! LOL! I think this is all probably just gossip, but one never knows what goes on behind closed doors!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Well it will be easy enough to tell if the baby is hubby's or not, as he is African American and Tony is not! LOL! I think this is all probably just gossip, but one never knows what goes on behind closed doors!

The mother is a woman of color, so....... ?????????

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls Did you read what I posted?  It belongs to her husband!  He is African American!  These two actors are not having an affair!  Tony Goldwyn has been happily married for many years!  I've watched specials with him talking about his family history and his wife's family history. 

This is an unbelievable rumor....

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

The mother is a woman of color, so....... ?????????

Right so my point is is that if Kerry Wasdhngton and Tony Goldwyn had a child it would look far different than Kerry and her husband's child!

Honored Contributor

@Detta wrote:

I'm a huge "Scandal" fan and I was looking some things up yesterday when I heard that Kerry Washington had a baby boy and named him Caleb....I read these posts that some people are convinced that the baby daddy is really Tony Goldwyn not Kerry's hubby..  There was also a big "Scandal" when Tony did a panel discussion in NY recently and (gasp!) wasn't wearing his wedding ring.  Supposedly some people were actually asking the poor guy where his ring was and he said he is fliming a movie...I can't believe someone would ask a perfect stranger (even though they are on TV and you feel like you know them, but you don't) about something like that. I know I've seen Tony on several talk shows and he was recently Kelly Ripa's cohost and they were talking about the fact that him and his wife will be married 30 years next year and I've heard him talk very sweetly about her several times. I mean who knows what goes on behind the scenes. I just think some people can't separate fact from fiction. Just curious as to what some other "Scandal" fans think of this rumor?

@Detta

I didn't see any threads here where several posters think that .....  you have to stay away from those gossip rags in the checkout line.    Woman LOL