Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday Night Live Remote Episode

@chickenbutt wrote:

Aww, I'll miss Cecily Strong.  Smiley Sad    I also love her singing voice and would love to hear her sing more.

I'll miss her too.  Love her Ms. Pirro imitation.  I didn't know she was leaving.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Aww, I'll miss Cecily Strong.  Smiley Sad    I also love her singing voice and would love to hear her sing more.

I'll miss her too.  Love her Ms. Pirro imitation.  I didn't know she was leaving.

Yes, she kills it!   I just watched last night's episode this morning and she did an 'at home' version that was pretty funny.

Esteemed Contributor

To be clear, I don’t think there’s anything official regarding Cecily Strong not returning, but I have seen it mentioned often that she likely will not be. Everyone waving goodbye to her seemed obvious, but nothing has been announced.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I agree with what others have said, although I did really like Martin Short (he was incredible and a nice surprise!) and Tina Fey. Hated Kristen Wiig’s hair vlog thing! And I’m finding that I’m beginning to really like Aidy Bryant.

The final “dream” was good and extremely likely a goodbye to Cecily Strong, who I’m hearing will not be back.

@Alter Ego I will be sad to see Cecily Strong leave. If you like Aidy Bryant, she has a show on Hulu, it's called Shrill ( two seasons). I have seen both seasons, it was okay, she employs some people from SNL ( small parts) on the show.

Honored Contributor

Those aren't very good.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I agree with what others have said, although I did really like Martin Short (he was incredible and a nice surprise!) and Tina Fey. Hated Kristen Wiig’s hair vlog thing! And I’m finding that I’m beginning to really like Aidy Bryant.

The final “dream” was good and extremely likely a goodbye to Cecily Strong, who I’m hearing will not be back.

@Alter Ego Cecily Strong was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy, she didn't say she left SNL, Jimmy said something to the effect like look forward to seeing you on SNL. I guess the rumors weren't true or she changed her mind.

Honored Contributor

I foresee Maya Rudolph making a few appearances on SNL in the future, maybe with Woody Harrelson?

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I foresee Maya Rudolph making a few appearances on SNL in the future, maybe with Woody Harrelson?

@deepwaterdotter I think I heard Maya is up for it. For the most part former SNL cast members leave on good terms and often come back to host or do cameos.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Jason Sudeikis imitates him well, too, when Woody isn't available.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think Cecily is leaving;  I interpreted the dream sketch to be  SNL cast members dreaming of themselves in their pre-pandemic 'normal' lives. It was so touching !