Respected Contributor

Some wore masks some didn't. they had them if anyone wanted one. This was a beautiful show, the best 4th I've ever seen and I've seen alot. They had first responders, military, and guest. Also the Family of Mr Doran, the retired policeman, who was killed watching his friends pawn shop. I think they said there was 300 there. 

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

How was the social distance and mask done?  Could you see?

Was this just for TV or was there a crowd.  I'm sure if there was a crowd there were no masks or social distancing.  

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@sunshine 919   NO MASKS, NO SOCIAL DISTANCING

Some wore masks. They were handing them out to anyone who wanted one. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Enjoying watching it.  The Blue Angels and other demonstrations like the sky divers.  And especially all the songs.  I get chills.  

M

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Enjoying watching it.  The Blue Angels and other demonstrations like the sky divers.  And especially all the songs.  I get chills.  

Me too. It was a beautiful ceremony. Proud to be an Anerican.

Respected Contributor

The only shift we were able to get at our pool yesterday was the same timeframe as the Salute, so we figured we'd have to record it and watch it later. WRONG! Air ForceOne flew right over our house just before we left, rattling the pictures on the walls. A little later, the rest of the air formations and military planes flew right over our pool, including the Thunderbirds! We had ringside seats as we floated on our noodles. It was awesome. Having lived in the DC metropolitan area for decades, you get used to military helicopters flying by. Yesterday's air demonstrations were absolutely amazing.

Respected Contributor

Re: Salute to America

[ Edited ]

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

The only shift we were able to get at our pool yesterday was the same timeframe as the Salute, so we figured we'd have to record it and watch it later. WRONG! Air ForceOne flew right over our house just before we left, rattling the pictures on the walls. A little later, the rest of the air formations and military planes flew right over our pool, including the Thunderbirds! We had ringside seats as we floated on our noodles. It was awesome. Having lived in the DC metropolitan area for decades, you get used to military helicopters flying by. Yesterday's air demonstrations were absolutely amazing.

I agree, @Eileen in Virginia .  I watched it from my apt. overlooking Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington Cemetery, straight across the Potomac to the monuments and all the way down to the Capitol.  It was stirring to see the flights and formations of wartime aircraft, and to remember with gratitude those many brave pilots who died on our behalf.  For me, it was the most memorable Independence Day celebration ever.

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I like to watch the Macy’s/NYC show.

The fireworks were amazing.  Good to hear the Black-Eyed Peas doing: "Where Is the Love?"