Honored Contributor

Re: SURVIVOR 11/22: SPOILERS

I kind of wish this season was over and done with.

It's really boring.  I DVR it and fast forward through everything except the challenges and tribal council.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

At Yahoo, there is an interesting account by Cole about what we didn't see that happened at Tribal.

here

It sounds like what didn't air was more entertaining than what did air based on Cole's interview. Two idols (one real, one fake) put on necks at tribal. A big fight over who voted how the previous week. 

Perhaps Survivor just needs a new producer/editor?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenmanwrote:

@lulu1wrote:

At Yahoo, there is an interesting account by Cole about what we didn't see that happened at Tribal.

here

It sounds like what didn't air was more entertaining than what did air based on Cole's interview. Two idols (one real, one fake) put on necks at tribal. A big fight over who voted how the previous week. 

Perhaps Survivor just needs a new producer/editor?

Cole is a liar and I think he's trying to stretch his fifteen minutes of fame.  So I checked his story on one of the three Survivor sites that have inside info. 

I read that Mike's fake idol was never taken seriously.  It was made of tassels from the flags, there's never been an idol made of tassels LOL.  It was a joke and taken as a joke and Cole is bitter (shocker!).

The other point -- the discussion after Desi was voted out -- that part of Cole's story checks out   They almost always start the next episode with discussion back at camp after tribal that night.  This one they didn't.  Hmmmm.  The source I read says they knew it couldn't have affected the vote.

Whatever's right, whatever's wrong, I hope Cole gets zero attention at the reunion show.  I don't believe him but even if he's telling the truth he's still a bigtime creep.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori

It still would have been interesting to watch the fake idol come out and be put on Joe during tribal council. Editing shows like this is a challenge, but they may have missed out on a fun scene there. I dare say they have footage of the fake idol being assembled and the plan to unveil it. Maybe it would take too much time to set the stage for it, but it could have livened up the show a bit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori

It still would have been interesting to watch the fake idol come out and be put on Joe during tribal council. Editing shows like this is a challenge, but they may have missed out on a fun scene there. I dare say they have footage of the fake idol being assembled and the plan to unveil it. Maybe it would take too much time to set the stage for it, but it could have livened up the show a bit.

@gardenman, ITA.  IMO the reward challenges and ensuing pigouts are literally eating up the show.  Take those out and we could see a lot more interesting stuff.  

Just finished a novel written by Australian author Liane Moriarty and two of the characters are Survivor superfans and I learned in Australia it airs twice a week or three times a week.  It will never happen here but I like it.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori, what is the name of that book?  I like her as an author.

I wish Survivor would do away with the idols!  They didn't have them the first season, which is where Richard Hatch figured out you HAD to have alliances to get to the end.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori

@gardenman, ITA.  IMO the reward challenges and ensuing pigouts are literally eating up the show.  Take those out and we could see a lot more interesting stuff.  

Just finished a novel written by Australian author Liane Moriarty and two of the characters are Survivor superfans and I learned in Australia it airs twice a week or three times a week.  It will never happen here but I like it.

You never know. CBS airs Big Brother three times a week. (Rumor has it they may air the celebrity version on a daily basis during the Olympics as cheap counter-programming to the Olympics.) More airings of Survivor would give us more of a chance to get to know the players. It's usually about this time of the season when I finally start to figure out who's who.

Survivor starts out with a big cast, but there are Survivors you never get to see, or know too much about. If they expanded the show to three times a week, one airing could be for the reward challenge, one for immunity, one for the tribal council. That would pretty closely follow the BB model and let us get to know each cast member more.

That's actually something they could experiment with on CBS All Access. Have the "regular" Survivor show, then air three one hour long expanded editions showing us more of what really happened.  The first hour deals with the aftermath of the last exiling and the buildup to the reward challenge and then the challenge. The next hour follows the aftermath of the reward challenge and then the buildup to the immunity challenge. Then a final hour as the losers fret and scheme, with an expanded tribal council and eviction. Maybe even have Jeff pull a Julie and meet with the evictee/exilee immediately afterwards to go over why they were evicted. 

CBS has all kinds of versatility with their CBS All Access. This could be a way to utilize that more effectively and let them test a longer format. I could see watching the show aired in that manner. It really feels rushed now. Slow it down, give each event more emphasis, let us get to know the players better. It could work out pretty well.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@LoriLori, what is the name of that book?  I like her as an author.

I wish Survivor would do away with the idols!  They didn't have them the first season, which is where Richard Hatch figured out you HAD to have alliances to get to the end.

@DrKelli, "The Last Anniversary."  A certain character and her mom have a tradition where they talk on the phone right after every episode.  I love Liane M. and it's details like that that make her characters three-dimensional.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman,  CBS All Access, is that the app you have to pay extra for?  What do you get for that besides BB?  Much as I love Survivor not sure I'd pay extra to watch it.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman,  CBS All Access, is that the app you have to pay extra for?  What do you get for that besides BB?  Much as I love Survivor not sure I'd pay extra to watch it.

You get access to pretty much everything that's ever aired on CBS. They also have programs made just for All Access including the new Star Trek and a Good Wife spinoff. That also gives you access to the Big Brother live feeds when it's airing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!