Honored Contributor

Robert Conrad, Wild Wild West Star, Dies at 84

From People Magazine:

"Robert Conrad, the actor best known for his role in the television show The Wild Wild West, has died. He was 84.

“He lived a wonderfully long life and while the family is saddened by his passing, he will live forever in their hearts,” family spokesman Jeff Ballard tells PEOPLE.

Born in Chicago, Illinois on March 1, 1935, Conrad worked as a milkman while pursuing a career as a local nightclub singer before moving to Los Angeles in 1958 and booking his first big recurring role on Hawaiian Eye in 1959.

A recipient of the Distinguished Service Award in Broadcasting and an inductee of the Stuntman’s Hall of Fame, Conrad was a longtime supporter of amateur boxing, the Wounded Warriors Project, Paralyzed Veterans of America, the United States Marine Corps, and the Jimmie Heuga Endowment, which provides support to those affected with multiple sclerosis.

A small private service is scheduled for March 1, which would have been Conrad’s 85th birthday. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Wounded Warrier Project and The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.

Conrad is survived by 18 grandchildren and eight children, whom he shares with ex-wives LaVelda Fann and Joan Kenlay."

Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Conrad, Wild Wild West Star, Dies at 84

@Oznell There was more info in my post FYI including the great organizations where the family requested donations should be made.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Conrad, Wild Wild West Star, Dies at 84

RIP to a terrific actor and colorful personality.  That's great that the Wounded Warriors will be benefited.  I do hate to see the actors of that generation, many of them beloved TV presences, go.  I think Roy Thinnes is still hanging in there, but imagine he is of a similar age...