Esteemed Contributor
On 3/17/2014 jordan2 said: The guy that just came back who has two adult children is a liar and not a good guy. He remembers, how else would he have known where in the woods to dig up what he was when he had his heart attack and "died". He must have had an accomplice who we saw at the end. They must have pulled of some kind of crime and the guy at the end must have kept it all to himself.

Remember when the daughter told her brother that Dad has changed, he isn't going to hurt anyone. Did that mean that he HAD hurt someone????

Respected Contributor
On 3/17/2014 Moonlady said:

I was thinking that the sheriff wasn't really Maggie's dad, but that was put to rest. Then, again, there was that crypic remark by the man who she'd suspected might have been her dad...

It does look as if her mom will be one of the next to reappear, though.

Yes, I think the bald man was talking to the returned mom when he said, "they've found us." If so, it's interesting that she went to him instead of the dad.

Trusted Contributor
So far, this is such a great show! I want to know what is in Jacob's coffin! It is so creepy when Caleb, the dad who returned, whistles and when he and Jacob stare at each other.
Esteemed Contributor

I lost interest after the first episode. I didn't realize it was a saga. The storyline is very hard to follow. Don't understand what it has to do with lent.

Respected Contributor

Has anyone read the book The Returned by Jason Mott, on which this show is based? I'm wondering if this show is like the book.

Trusted Contributor
Smoky, I am half-way through the book, and while it starts out the same with Jacob and his parents and Agent Bellamy, there are many differences too. Without spoiling too much, most of the other characters and sub-plots on the tv series are not in the book. Frankly, the tv series is much more exciting than the book, which is dragging in the middle.
Esteemed Contributor

After today's show 3/23, the plot just thickens! I like the show but can't seem to get a handle on where the story is going! I need a bit more plot webbing for me to keep interest in the series. Who was the dead man at the end - the brother??

Respected Contributor
On 3/23/2014 corita said:

After today's show 3/23, the plot just thickens! I like the show but can't seem to get a handle on where the story is going! I need a bit more plot webbing for me to keep interest in the series. Who was the dead man at the end - the brother??

Apparently the dad and an accomplice robbed a bank before the dad had a heart attack. When he came back from the dead the money was missing and the dad accused the accomplice of taking it all and killed the accomplice.

The brother keeps saying that the guy back form the dead isn't really his dad.

I am so fearful that the evil dad is going to kill the dog because we keep hearing the dog barking in the background. If that happens, I am out of this show.

Respected Contributor
On 3/21/2014 Dawg lover said: Smoky, I am half-way through the book, and while it starts out the same with Jacob and his parents and Agent Bellamy, there are many differences too. Without spoiling too much, most of the other characters and sub-plots on the tv series are not in the book. Frankly, the tv series is much more exciting than the book, which is dragging in the middle.

Dawg lover, I think they are going to box themselves into a corner with this show. I had a feeling they would need to embellish the book quite a bit. And since the book obviously has an ending and tv shows like to go on forever, I think this show will just get stranger and stranger to keep an audience.

Without giving away the ending to the book, I'd love to hear your review when you finish it. Maybe just tell me if it's worth reading.

Trusted Contributor
I did finish the book and it was okay -- no big deal. It was like the author had a great concept, but didn't know what to do with it. The tv show is much better, in my opinion. They've jazzed it up a lot.