Respected Contributor

Re: Resident Alien NEW SERIES 2021

Last week's episode, #5 "Love Language", was soooo good!!!!!

Some of the best scenes . . . . . .

*** SPOILERS ***

(Human) Harry's wife, Isabelle, shows up. Harry likes to cuddle with her because she feels like "hot ham". LOL!!!!!

Resident Alien - S01E05 - Love Language [Transcript] - Scraps from the loft

Isabelle ends up drinking with D'Arcy during happy hour at the bar. Both talking about man problems not knowing they're both referring to Harry.

D'arcy and Isabelle Enjoy a Happy Hour | Episode 5 Top Moment

Harry sitting in the booth in the diner right next to Asta and Jimmy - being protective of Asta in case she needs him.

Asta Reveals Something to Jimmy | Episode 5 Top Moment – Resident Alien  Videos | SYFY

But the BEST scene was when Harry, Max and Sahar form a truce in the diner. They'll keep his secret if Harry backs off about sending Max to school in Georgia. How cute/funny was their conversation, with the kids peppering Harry with questions?

Still of Judah Prehn, Gracelyn Awad Rinke and Alien Harry in Resident Alien episode "Love Language."

Esteemed Contributor

I'm two episodes into binge watching this today, and I have to say the scenes of him examining patients gave me the best laugh I've had in a very long time, almost had me in tears.

I'm really like this series so far.

Frequent Contributor

This has become my new favorite show.  I never watched anything on syfy or thought I would like it, but I find it so interesting and actually charming (so far). I just love the way he learns about human emotions.  I hope they keep it around. 

Respected Contributor

I thought one of the best scenes was when the kids broke into Harry's house and the little girl had her aluminum foil hat UNDER her veil...cracked me up!

Trusted Contributor

Resident Alien is the best new show on TV. It's hilarious and also serious at the same time. I love all the characters, except Linda Hamilton and her crew who are out to turn Harry into a lab rat. Last week's episode is a cliff hanger, literally. I hope he gets out of there before the military gets to him.

Honored Contributor

DH & I love this show. We are sci-fi fans, but we also love the comedy aspects of it.  Alan T is great in this role! Great quirky human characters too. 

Esteemed Contributor

Although I'm not too thrilled with some of the casting choices and storylines, I'm enjoying this show.

Hope "Isabelle" is gone for good. The actress who plays her gives me the creeps...it's the way she looks.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Hope "Isabelle" is gone for good. The actress who plays her gives me the creeps...it's the way she looks.

i'm right there with you on that; she looks and acts very "hard". Just curious--what other characters don't you like?

I LOVE the sheriff (Corey Reynolds), or as he likes to call himself, "Big Black"; I cracked up when he said, "I know I radiate power". I looked for the actor on imdb.com and he's actually 46 years old. I was quite surprised; he doesn't look that old. I think he's had mostly dramatic roles so I'll bet he's having a lot of fun with this character.

And as I may have said before, I really enjoy the two little kids: Max and Sahar.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Resident Alien is the best new show on TV. It's hilarious and also serious at the same time. I love all the characters, except Linda Hamilton and her crew who are out to turn Harry into a lab rat. Last week's episode is a cliff hanger, literally. I hope he gets out of there before the military gets to him.

I get what you're saying but I think they're going to have to develop some other kind of story line for Harry because they can't go one forever with him trying to hide his true identity from everyone; that can't keep that going permanently.

And the actor who plays Harry is especially good at expressing beffudlement.

I was really shocked when I saw Linda Hamilton; I HOPE it was makeup that made her look that way.

Honored Contributor

We love,love,love this show.

We will do the dom,dom from Law and Order and singing some of the tunes from the show.