Honored Contributor

TINA TURNER DOCUMENTARY TONIGHT HBO

The documentary about Tina Turner premieres on HBO tonight 8pm ET.

I remember when she was with husband Ike with the Ike and Tina Turner Revue and their singing Proud Mary together .  Loved the bio film with Angela Bassett so I'm looking forward to this.

Honored Contributor

Re: TINA TURNER DOCUMENTARY TONIGHT HBO

The lady had a hard hard life.  I have read a lot about her and I like her so much I don't want to watch.  

I know what she overcame and it's wonderful, but I don't want to think about that when I see her--and there are a lot of happy things on YouTube I watch often!  She is one remarkable person!  

Respected Contributor

I'm looking forward to watching the documentary. She moved from Tenn to St. Louis and graduated from Sumner High School which is one of the oldest High Schools here in St. Louis. Recently the board of education here was considering closing the high school because of low enrollment but changed their minds. I believe Chuck Berry also graduated from Sumner so it's a very historical school.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The lady had a hard hard life.  I have read a lot about her and I like her so much I don't want to watch.  

I know what she overcame and it's wonderful, but I don't want to think about that when I see her--and there are a lot of happy things on YouTube I watch often!  She is one remarkable person!  

@Sooner  There is never before seen footage in the doc so for me that's reason enough to watch.That and Tina's dancing/amazing energy.  

Trusted Contributor

I saw her live in concert back in 2000 in Atlanta.  Lionel Richie opened the show.  

To this date that was the best concert I have been to.  Had 6th row upper right side of stage.   She was in her sixties but had the energy of someone in their twenties .  Such an inspiration. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I'm from a small town in Illinois just south of East St. Louis and, growing up, I had heard of Ike and Tina.

It was interesting to learn she graduated from Sumner (I had heard of it).

I also remember there was a roadhouse south of town that often had live performances.  It was a rough and tumble place and I was too young to go.  She and Ike performed there now and again.

Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the place, but it is long gone.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the movie about her..."What's Love Got to do with It".

I watch it every time it's on....

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Womanwrote:

I'm from a small town in Illinois just south of East St. Louis and, growing up, I had heard of Ike and Tina.

It was interesting to learn she graduated from Sumner (I had heard of it).

I also remember there was a roadhouse south of town that often had live performances.  It was a rough and tumble place and I was too young to go.  She and Ike performed there now and again.

Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the place, but it is long gone.

It might have been Club Imperial.  I was too young but remember reading that her and Ike performed there.

Respected Contributor

Saw her perform in concert back in 1987.  She really put on a great show.  Looking forward to watching this.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I'm going to check with a childhood friend that now lives in St. Charles, MO.  We grew up together and I'm hoping she will remember.

Wish I'd have seen her in person, but it's too late now.

An amazing, tough, talented and beautiful woman who deserves all the happiness in the world.