Honored Contributor

Knotts Landing was my show and Donna Mills was my beauty muse.  I liked her a lot with William Devane on that show.  Much better than with Joan Van Ark's character's husband.

At one point in the show Joan Van Ark's husband was marrying someone else, can't remember who.  But I remember Abby's line of advice to the soon to be 3rd Mrs. Ewing, the 1st Mrs. Ewing doesn't go away.

Super Contributor

Sadly, I think she is using the heavy makeup to hide botched surgery.   But it does make me stop to appreciate my own flawed body a little more.  I may not have the body I would love to have but I need to learn to love and appreciate the way I am and not keep wishing I looked like someone prettier.    I need to accept myself as is and age gracefully!   

Respected Contributor

I never missed an episode of Knots Landing, Dallas and Falcon Crest. I also loved Flamingo Road but it was only on for one season.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a big Knots Landing fan...never missed an episode.  Joan's eye makeup makes her look foolish. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever  I still miss As the World Turns,was hooked on that soap.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

She looks by and large the same and I can't believe she is 77. She looks great. 
I used to watch KL because it was a spin-off of Dallas and my parents always had it on. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember Knots Landing?

[ Edited ]

Knot's Landing was the only nighttime soap I watched, and I only watched it because I loved Michelle Lee from Broadway. I never once missed an episode! I think this was being shown before VCR's. I remember when I fell in love with Alec Baldwin (Joshua Rush). What a hottie!

I think I'd love to watch the whole series. Maybe the library has it. I'll check when they reopen, whenever that will be.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@vsm  With all the money some of these women have where are they going for plastic surgery?  It is a shame.  When I first saw this picture I thought she looked clownish.  The makeup is all wrong and she should have someone help her with makeup so she looks presentable.  All these women actresses trying to look younger and end up a mess.  I am going the natural route (no surgery) and grow old gracefully -- that's life.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

I think the issue is surgeries, not makeup.

@vsm 

That was my first thought.  Too many surgeries.  She was beautiful when she was on Knots Landing. 

Honored Contributor

It's definitely plastic surgery and not her make-up.  She's unrecognizable.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau