Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching Riverdale non-stop and I'm getting dizzy trying to keep up with everything that is happening.  Sandra Bullock in "Bird Box", wow, a weird story but fantastic acting.  Lots of good movies to choose from.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Another Riverdale fan here.  This season was off the wall; I became interested, of course, from all those Archie comic books from years ago.  I wish I still had them!!!

We were disappointed with BIrd Box.  I thought with Sandra Bullock it would be more than it turned out to be.

Have you ever watched Stranger Things?  It's on Netflix right now.  GS and I watched it together. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I adored Riverdale in Season 1... Thought Season 2 was a disappointment and Season 3 is just becoming ridiculous... I'll never understand why show runners take a good show and then try to push the envelope to the point that the show becomes so much less than it was and might have been...

The dark hood story line dragged on all last season and wasn't particularly compelling... Too much about the 'Southside Serpents', gangs in general and Jughead, who bears no resemblence to the comic strip character... This year, well, there are no words... Hiram taking over the town, that ridiculous Griffins and Gargoyles... and on and on... What started out as a fun, sexy, atmospheric, mysterious drama, focused on Archie and his gang has way jumped the shark... They seem to have lost sight of the fact that these are supposed to be high school kids... I also think some of the casting is more than a bit ridiculous, apparently in the effort to ensure perfect diversity... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Another Riverdale fan here.  This season was off the wall; I became interested, of course, from all those Archie comic books from years ago.  I wish I still had them!!!

We were disappointed with BIrd Box.  I thought with Sandra Bullock it would be more than it turned out to be.

Have you ever watched Stranger Things?  It's on Netflix right now.  GS and I watched it together. 

I haven't watched Stranger Things but now that you mentioned it I will look it up.  As for Bird Box, I thought Sandra Bullock did a bang up acting job, the story line itself as I mentioned was weird.  So many movies...

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Wait a minute. Isn't Riverdale where Nancy Drew lived?

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Nancy Drew was from River Heights.

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Nancy Drew was from River Heights.

Oh, yeah, thanks.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I adored Riverdale in Season 1... Thought Season 2 was a disappointment and Season 3 is just becoming ridiculous... I'll never understand why show runners take a good show and then try to push the envelope to the point that the show becomes so much less than it was and might have been...

The dark hood story line dragged on all last season and wasn't particularly compelling... Too much about the 'Southside Serpents', gangs in general and Jughead, who bears no resemblence to the comic strip character... This year, well, there are no words... Hiram taking over the town, that ridiculous Griffins and Gargoyles... and on and on... What started out as a fun, sexy, atmospheric, mysterious drama, focused on Archie and his gang has way jumped the shark... They seem to have lost sight of the fact that these are supposed to be high school kids... I also think some of the casting is more than a bit ridiculous, apparently in the effort to ensure perfect diversity... 

You would never have known these were high school kids, not like when I was in high school.  Okay, Archie was arrested for murder, no more episodes?  I will admit the first season was so much better, this last one was beginning to get on my last nerve, it was overdone.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

You would never have known these were high school kids, not like when I was in high school.  Okay, Archie was arrested for murder, no more episodes?  I will admit the first season was so much better, this last one was beginning to get on my last nerve, it was overdone.

@Lindsays Grandma Yep... Even given changes over time, these are some pretty advanced high school kids... I'm stil watching, but the show had such promise in Season One... The second and third years have gone too far and pretty much around that proverbial bend... Don't know why producers always seem to think that more off the wall is better... It usually isn't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Are you catching up on Netflix??  Because the Archie/murder storyline has continued this past season.  It probably hasn't hit Netflix yet but you can catch up on Demand if you have it.

I won't spoil the storyline but it does continue.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh