Respected Contributor

Another life lost far too young.

Praying for him and his family.

Esteemed Contributor

omg omg omg

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I am completely shocked. I feel like I lost a family member. I've seen every episode of Friends, and I've seen all of his movies. I watch Fools Rush In all of the time. I have it on both of our DVR's. 

My thoughts are with his dad and the rest of his family. He and his dad were so close. He recently posted a picture of the two of them. My thoughts are also with the rest of the Friends cast. They are also very close IRL. 

Just impossible to believe.

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Matthew Perry

[ Edited ]

I listened to his audible book ,read by himself. It was one of the best biographies. So real. I would hurt, I mean literally hurt when he would talk about the amount of drugs he took. It is unimaginable one can do this, and then the colon bursting..... I mean sometimes 109 Vicodin a day. And the booze. OMG,,   So many rehabs , and then finally it stuck.  So was so happy for him. It is mind boggling with the evil in the world why this happens, but it does.  Maybe he was facing health issues in the future or a failing heart. Who knows.  Only God  knows, someday it will be revealed. But not now I hope, lol.   I was just very sorry to loose him. Believe it or not I never watched FRIENDS .  My husband did. And still does every morning. I can hear him laughing everyday from another room while he watched. It was such  an amazing hit. I remember the fanatic addiction people had to this series. The hair cuts, the clothes, I would hear people discussing it on Tuesday, the next day.  . Lol. I watched a few shows over the years and I liked it, just don't know why I never watched it  all the time. But when the 1990's are remembered FRIENDS  will be mentioned and go down in history.  
anyway, so sorry for his passing. Really makes you think how short, unpredictable and precious life is. Snif

Honored Contributor

His final post on Instagram six days ago

Screenshot_20231028-232008.png

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIP Matthew Perry

[ Edited ]
  1. He was leaving a,work out in this picture.f40cdcb3aa71472fa86521096b53b48d_md.jpg
Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I am in shock over this news Smiley Sad

I know, I have Friends on TV on Nick at Nite, but just listening to the theme song makes me cry.   It's so hard believing he's gone.

So far no comments from the cast members.  This has got to be so hard on all of them.

The eerie thing is he posted that picture a day or two ago of him in his hot tub with headphones on.  That hot tub looks like a swimming pool.   I just hope he didn't suffer.  He's had enough of that.

He was such a survivor.

Honored Contributor

Anyone know if he had ever been married?  Had any kids?   

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

No to both but he was engaged to Molly Hurwitz for about two years.  I think this was around 2018.  They adopted a dog together.  I read that since their breakup,  they were co-pawrenting.  So sounds like they might have been on good terms.  Hope so since he may have needed a good friend.

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Per TMZ:

Matthew never married, but he was briefly engaged to Molly Hurwitz a couple years ago ... which came to an end after only 6 months. Before that, he'd been linked to Lizzy Caplan.

He was 54 years old.

RIP