Trusted Contributor

Re: RHONJ Reunion Cancelled for the 1st time in Franchise History!

This particular franchise has been extremely problematic for many years. It stopped being funny or fun, about the time Teresa went to jail. It has gotten very dark. I used to be a big fan of the show because they were just ridiculous, but the constant family fighting, (alleged) spying by private investigators, and other disgusting behavior by many people on this particular series just makes the show unpalatable. The fact that they did a shortened season this year screams that show is in trouble. Personally I could care less if they reboot it or cancel entirely

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

This particular franchise has been extremely problematic for many years. It stopped being funny or fun, about the time Teresa went to jail. It has gotten very dark. I used to be a big fan of the show because they were just ridiculous, but the constant family fighting, (alleged) spying by private investigators, and other disgusting behavior by many people on this particular series just makes the show unpalatable. The fact that they did a shortened season this year screams that show is in trouble. Personally I could care less if they reboot it or cancel entirely

AS Much as I liked and enjoyed those shows back when they started, I think it's time to pull the plug on them, time and life has changed

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN- I agree that these women are acting horribly.  They need to get rid of Theresa.  I think Jennifer and Margaret need to really back off.  A couple of the newly added members from last year aren't helping the show.  I know drama is the name of the game, but this show is way overdoing it.  It's not fun to watch and the language and fighting issues are almost too much to take.  You have to be in the frame of mind to even be able to watch.  That's not entertainment to me.  I am ashamed of these women as I was born in N.J. (even though I moved to Ca. in 1959).  Cast changes need to be made.  Maybe if these catty women are told about the possibility of the cancellation and loss of income, maybe their behavior would improve.

Respected Contributor

I don't know why you need to cancel a reunion because the woman are not getting along. They are never getting along and the reunions have always been nothing but yelling at each other. So why is this different? 

Respected Contributor

What responsibity does everyone feel Bravo has in this ..?

Someone is producing .. filming .. directing ....and putting

this show on the air ....

Over this last weekend I binged watched season 3 and 4 ..

TERESA IS THE PROBLEM  ....

IMO .. of course ....

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie 

I agree with you.   Theresa is the problem.   She gets upset about things because she doesn't understand most things the other women say.  I know she graduated from high school but I really think she has the mental capacity of a 4th grader. 

All she does is yell.  If they are retooling the cast she needs to go.

Sadly though Andy Cohen loves his cash cow and would probably just give her another show on her own.  IMO she and her daughters need to be off tv.

Honored Contributor

Teresa has succeeded. I don't know why Bravo keeps posting about her, her kids, Louie. They're all rotten to the core.

Honored Contributor

Where did you read this?

Respected Contributor

I don't watch current seasons, but came across the older seasons on Pluto TV.  Have watched a few times only because I've seen so many episodes of Say Yes to the Dress.  

SYTTD is my go-to for stress free TV. LOL

Trusted Contributor

If they can't even have a reunion then, I think it is time to cancel this franchise. I do not see Andy ever getting rid of Teresa. I know they let Vicki go from the OC, but I think Teresa is his favorite of all of the housewives.  

I am not even sure why I still watch. I do not like any of the women. I no longer watch when it is, it takes about a week to get to an episode, and that is after I have nothing else to watch. 

And I have no desire to watch Gia each week.