Honored Contributor

I didn't watch Indian Summers  in season one and I wondered if anyone did and if you liked it.

Thanks!

Image result for scene from indian summers on masterpiece

Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Masterpiece.

@ECBG Hello sweet girl!  Love you!  I saw the first season!  It's so unlike me to watch a show like this....it's very s-l-o-w (in my opinion).  Yet I continued to watch it.  It drew me in.  Maybe because it was so different.  The characters are 'rich' and interesting.  They aren't just one-sided, there are many variations in their personalities.  Just when you think you've figured out what Alice is doing there in this place many have forgotten, you find you couldn't be more wrong...(hint) it's not why she says.

Things like that kept me watching this show.  I haven't decided if I want to continue this show as (for me it was tedious).  However, for people who like having their brain challenged and don't mind 'hanging in there' for the rewards of real story telling, I'd recommend it.

Hope I helped.  I also found this sweet girl.  Go here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/character-hub/series/indian-summers-s1/

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Doesn't sound like me then!  LOL!  I don't have to immediately entertained but I do like interesting.  I loved the pace of Downton.  

Let's IM on FB.  Got LOTS to tell you!

Hug!

Honored Contributor

I tried to watch it twice. It seemed poorly edited and tedious so I gave up on it.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG We can email.

Honored Contributor

I love this series .  I agree it starts out slow but it draws you in and the acting is excellent! I have been watching masterpiece theater since the seventies and some series grab you immediately while others may take a couple of shows to do so .  There have been so many great series over the years.  I look forward to Indian summer as well as Poldark and any new series ahead that masterpiece theater offers.

Respected Contributor

i watched last season.  while interesting, i find the picture of how the British treated the Indians hard to watch, so can't say i really enjoyed it.  

Honored Contributor

I watched 3 episodes and gave up.  I didn't relate to any of the characters and didn't really care what happened next.

I just read that it was originally supposed to be 5 seasons and it will end with season 3 due to poor reception.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Sounds great!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw Remember The Jewel in the Crown and there was yet another Indian based series which I forget now. This one is not that good but I like it and will continue to watch. I love Jemima West (Alice) and her brother isn't bad, either! I saw a site depicting what they did to the house in the series-befores and afters. Amazing the money they must have put into it.