Honored Contributor

Please Stop With The Crossover Events

I saw the promo for a crossover event on Wednesday for Law & Order SVU and Chicago P.D. I think last season there was a crossover with 3 shows. I really dislike when this is done, NBC seems to do it a lot. Now if I wanted to watch Chicago P. D. I would already be watching it. Doing this doesn't make me want to keep with the show. What it does do is make me not watch a show I like because I don't want to watch the one I don't. I will skip Law & Order SVU as I did last season. I have too many shows I watch and DVR and don't want to add another one. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Stop With The Crossover Events

Last night when SVU ended they showed promos for next week, but never mentioned a crossover with Chi PD.  A few weeks ago was a 3 way with all the Chi shows.

Honored Contributor

I saw that as well at the end of Chicago PD.  I need to remember to set my DVR for SVU now.  I remember when they did the event last season with Fire, PD and SVU. 

I don't mind when they do the cross over events among the Chicago franchises because I watch all 3 of them.  I don't much care when they involve SVU because that isn't a show I watch nor do I care to watch it.         

Honored Contributor

I feel like they try to force people to watch all of the shows.  I don't watch some but I do every now and then watch Law and Order SUV, but most of the time it's the older ones.

I LOVE the old Law and Order (the old ones).  They have someone die, they find the guilty, they take them to trial and it ends.  Then it moves on to the next show.  Clean and simple.

Another thing I like about the old shows (some goes back to the 1990's is because it isn't all politically correct.  It's done appropriately, just not so carefully.

I like the boss on Chicago PD and will maybe catch it on a re-run.  I like guys who are gruff and scruffy.  I've seen him on a few political shows.  He's really a no-nonsense kind of guy.  I like that.

Respected Contributor

We love Chicago Fire and Chicago Med, but don't like the PD show at all.  Hate when they cross the 3. 

Honored Contributor

The crossover shows do very well ratings wise and will probably continue especially when they roll out Chicago Law.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

The crossover shows do very well ratings wise and will probably continue especially when they roll out Chicago Law.

@SydneyH    There's going to be a Chicago Law?  I hadn't heard that, but I'll probably watch it, too.  I love all of the Chicago shows as well as SVU.  When is Chicago Law supposed to start?

Edited to add:  I just looked this up, and it's supposed to debut mid 2016-2017 season.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@SydneyH    There's going to be a Chicago Law?  I hadn't heard that, but I'll probably watch it, too.  I love all of the Chicago shows as well as SVU.  When is Chicago Law supposed to start?

I'm hearing either late summer, early fall.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I'm hearing either late summer, early fall.

@SydneyH  I looked it up and it said mid 2016-2017 season.  Maybe different sources give different dates though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@SydneyH  I looked it up and it said mid 2016-2017 season.  Maybe different sources give different dates though.

A season usually runs 16 - 20 episodes with a small break in between.  If it starts in the fall it would run into 2017.  I'm looking forward to it......