Honored Contributor

For lovers of his talent voice and presence mention visiting. Besides solo videos of course "Three Tenors" and Pavarotti and Friends. Forever Luciano.⚘

Honored Contributor

Re: Pavarotti: YouTube

[ Edited ]

Sweet_Serenity,

I often "drop in" on Pavarotti performances on YouTube, and your heads-up is a wonderful kindness for those who love his rich voice.

One of my frustrations in life is that I did not sign up to get tickets to one of his concerts earlier in his life.  (Or maybe when I finally did, it was my first opportunity to do so.  Maybe I don't remember this clearly.)

In any case, I ordered the tickets -- and friend and I were going to attend.  Then word started getting out about his illness (no specifics).  Then he cancelled a concert or two.  An announcement was made of pancreatic cancer (horrible!), and I knew I'd never get to experience him in person.  The concert I was to attend was cancelled and I got my money back.  

How I wish I had heard him in person, although I've read that you never knew which Pavarotti would perform:  the super-dedicated and talented one or the guy who just showed up.

In 1974 (or thereabouts), I caught the magnificent Maria Callas at the Miami Beach Auditorium, but she was far from magnificent by then.  She appeared with Giuseppe di Stefano, who was rumored to be her paramour at that time.  The great Callas was actually screeching to reach her notes, and it was a painful performance in so many ways.

The Great Callas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwGIBewHPM

Honored Contributor

@golding76 

'Torna A Surriento'...

Be still my heart. Performance incredible. DeccaClassics: YouTube. If you have a chance please visit. Luciano, closeups...no words will do. 

Honored Contributor

I am such an extreme fan of bel canto.  I had no idea that it emerged in the 1800s.  Always thought it was several centuries older.

Thank you, Sweet_Serenity.  Will listen now.

Honored Contributor

Heavenly.  My beloved father would sing this (snippets) often when getting ready in the morning.

Wonderful, loving memory for me.

Honored Contributor

The Pavarotti documentary will be on netflix soon.  It is by Ron Howard.

There is a Pavarotti Channel on Sirius/XM right now (77) and they are playing all kinds of great duets that I've never heard before.

Plus tons of the 3 Tenors stuff.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The Pavarotti documentary will be on netflix soon.  It is by Ron Howard.

There is a Pavarotti Channel on Sirius/XM right now (77) and they are playing all kinds of great duets that I've never heard before.

Plus tons of the 3 Tenors stuff.

It looks to be amazing. Can't wait!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown