Honored Contributor

PROJECT RUNWAY MARATHON TODAY, FINALE TONIGHT

I will be sorry to see the season end, it seemed to fly by.

Regular Contributor

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY MARATHON TODAY, FINALE TONIGHT

@mousiegirl wrote:

I will be sorry to see the season end, it seemed to fly by.

Me too.  I love to see the creations.  

Respected Contributor

I am glad I don't have to pick the winner.  I have really enjoyed this season.  From the beginning the style shows have been so  wonderful.

Trusted Contributor

This has been one of my favorite seasons.  For the first time, there's no one I don't like in the finale!  All of them have been great, even though some of their creations haven't been my style.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what they all do, they are all so talented and different.  

I like how they seemed to give them a little more time this year and the help of a seamstress in the last episode (reminds me of Making the Cut).  I prefer them to have enough time to make something nice.  Not a fan of the seasons when it seems like every challenge is such a rush because of so little time.

Esteemed Contributor

I have enjoyed this season very much and am looking forward to tonight.  I don't miss having a host as the show flows better, and love Christian!   

Honored Contributor

I was so glad to see all four go into the finale, thought that the judges just had to do it as it is the first time there will be an all women runway.

Regular Contributor

I just started watching the season today during the Marathon.
It is good.
Thank you for starting the thread!
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl - Thank you for posting this.  I got to see the finale, even though I did not watch any of this season until tonight.  So much talent.  The winner was not my favorite, but she was my third favorite after Coral and Chasity.  There was a spectacular, long black dress with cutouts, black netting, and beading by Chasity in the show just prior to the finale show that I imagined Nicole Kidman wearing at an awards ceremony.  Coral's macrame dresses were so unusual and breathtaking, too. I am sure all of these women have bright futures in fashion, even if they did not all win the top prize.   

Respected Contributor

I have watched the entire season and am glad all 4 ladies got to go to the finale.

In certain previews and interviews the judges said it was a surprise ending, and my pick after watching the finale was Coral.  Coral never won a challenge, but she had some really beautiful stuff and her final outfit with the colorful embroidered jacket and halo almost made me cry, I just thought it was gorgeous.  I thought her outfits were the most current, unique, and true to her culture and for me she was the winner.

As far as the true winner, it was no surprise.  I liked her all season too and thought she would win it all in the end.  But I found some of the looks to be too '80's' - the large buttons and shoulders.  Yes, that black slinky dress with the gorgeous long coat over it was to die for, and it looked like real snakeskin that she used as her theme throughout the collection.  I am happy she won, she did excellent work all season.

I wasn't thrilled w/Chastity's stuff.  I thought it looked tawdry and nothing new we haven't seen before.  Yes, there were one or two nice pieces for JLo or Beyonce, but for most, I just didn't care for the collection.

I thought Kristina's fabrics were gorgeous and she's very creative.  All four ladies are so different in their designs, not even remotely similar to each other.  I liked Coral first, Chantall second, Kristina third, and Chastity fourth in this finale.

I wonder if the judge Elaine was ill and that's why she didn't attend the finale.  I think the outcome may have been different if it were her as judge and not Tommy Hilfiger.  Not a TH fan and I think his thoughts greatly influenced Brandon and Nina.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I am glad Shantall won. She had some beautiful designs. Christian saved her from e!imination. I thought the macrame from Coral was too much. It was beautifully done but I don't know many people wanting to buy it. Christina's collection was the worst. I didn't care for any of it. Chastity could design evening wear. I thought it was nice.

I think the one male who should have made it to the finale was Aaron. He had many beautiful designs but missed out because of one poorly designed dress. He never won but in my opinion, he was overlooked.

I am glad it is over and hope next season it is about the designs not their race. I understand this influences their designs but it became center stage.