Valued Contributor

Re: 👗PROJECT RUNWAY 16 "Road To The Runway" is on now!

I thought Margarita's collection was horrible and I find her to be very annoying. I wish they had chosen Kenya over her. I love Tim but I wish he had told the judges that putting the cover over Kenya's black dress was his idea! Loved Kentaro's crazy story about the dead cat and his family saying that Heidi looks like the woman in England who died!!!Smiley LOL

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains offensive information

Valued Contributor

I think Heidi should be replaced, maybe Tim, also.  

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

To All

This thread is reopened...

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

We're back!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

We're back!

Why was it closed? I saw that something was removed due to something offensive?

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter.

I'm just glad the thread is still here so we didn't have to start over.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I just finish watching the taped episode last night and as much as I love color I thought annoying and whiny Margarita's was a little too much for my city lifestyle but would work in the Caribbean, I still see her as a hit or miss not consistant at all.   The funny thing I noticed when they all came back to the apartment in NY they were all hugs and smiles but when Margarita arrived I felt the chill through my t.v!  I did like the softness and feminine touch of Kenya's collection.  I like Ayana's collections too and I like to see what more she has even though I could never be so covered up it is intriguing and interesting.  I like Brandon's colors but the print not so much.  Kentaro's designs were very artsy.

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because it contains offensive information

@Beth-QVC, thank you so much for reconsidering and reopening the thread.  Tonight is the season finale and I have questions that I mean sincerely because I don't want to see the thread poofed again!

There is a designer, Ayana, who practices a form of a particular religion where women dress a certain way.  She is one of those women, her own style reflects that and she is designing for various women who dress i that tradition.  She is the first designer of this religion in the history of Project Runway, and she's made the finale which is tonight.

You know I was here when one person took offense, IMO mischaracterized criticism of this designer's fashions, and reported them.

So my question is:  Given Ayana designs deliberately for these women, and given that the fun of talking about Project Runway is in picking apart the fashions, each one weighing in on what they love and what they can't stand and all in between --

-- sorry this is so wordy but I don't know another way to do it:  Are we forbidden to discuss Ayana's collection?  Because this person took offense?  Criticism of her collection is absolutely not a slam on personal life.  Indeed I'd say fans of the show are proud she was cast and has done so well.

So where's the line?  Should we just not bother discussing her designs since that one person was offended?

This person also took offense to comments about Kenya but didn't make the finale so that's why I'm not asking about her.  Ayana, OTOH, is a finalist and could win.  She will send 12 different designs down the runway.  Respectfuly, can she be criticized as every other designer is?

Hope you understand the delicacy and respect for you with which I'm trying to ask.  I'm not at all challenging your moderation; you were kind to restore the thread!!!!  I'm trying to get guidance on where the line is so the overwhelming majority of us can enjoy discussing the finale.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori- I missed the whole drama so I don't know what was said but if it warranted the thread to be closed I don't want to take a chance and have the thread closed again.   When I came over to post it was closed so I waited a day or so and it was reopened so I could post my comments. 

To each his own but I don't understand anyone being offended by Ayana's designs.  All of us that wear clothing are buying from someone that is designing and manufacturing garments for us to buy for each individuals taste.