Trusted Contributor

Watched the first two episodes of Presumed Innocent on Apple.  Very good so far.  It is interesting that Jake Gylennhall's (spelling) arch enemy in the series is his brother-in-law Peter Skarsgard.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it can be better than the original film with Harrison Ford and Greta Scacchi. I usually dislike remakes.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't think it can be better than the original film with Harrison Ford and Greta Scacchi. I usually dislike remakes.

I agree about generally disliking remakes.  However one advantage to a mini series over a film is time.  The series can cover the book plot and character development more thoroughly - it is over 400 pages - than can a one shot movie.  We will see how this one plays out.

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I agree about generally disliking remakes.  However one advantage to a mini series over a film is time.  The series can cover the book plot and character development more thoroughly - it is over 400 pages - than can a one shot movie.  We will see how this one plays out.

@Bookplate   i had read the book before seeing the film and i thought this film did a good job covering evrrything.  Broken up into a series, I think much suspense will be lost.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this a remake of the movie by the same name that starred Harrison Ford?

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Bookplate wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Bookplate   i had read the book before seeing the film and i thought this film did a good job covering evrrything.  Broken up into a series, I think much suspense will be lost.

@Pearlee You may well be right.  I read the book first too, although so many years ago.  I have only seen the first episode so am holding off on my judgement for now.  I did like the original Harrison Ford movie version very much.

Trusted Contributor

I read the ending might be different from original movie.  So far enjoying it!

Honored Contributor

I just watched the season finale. I saw the movie and read the book but I don't recall how each ended, I wonder if this series was different?

Trusted Contributor

This series ends differently than the movie  I won't say anymore.  I really didn't like Jake G.  in the role.  I know we are not supposed to like him because everything he had done but I just didn't buy him in the roll and he didn't have any charisma with his wife or family. The series was interesting though.

Trusted Contributor

Re: PRESUMED INNOCENT

[ Edited ]

I watched the finale tonight too.  Have to admit the ending was a surprise!  I read somewhere there will be a Presumed Innocent 2 in the future with a new case.