Esteemed Contributor

the United States because he said there is too much gun violence and he's afraid to stay here because of it.

".....Ozzy Osbourne is "fed up" with the violence in the U.S. and after over two decades in Los Angeles, he's returning to his native U.K. 

The musician revealed he's been impacted by the volume of mass shootings in America, noting both the rising number of school shootings and the lingering terror of the 2017 Las Vegas shooting that struck the Route 91 Harvest music festival.

"Everything's f--king ridiculous there. I'm fed up with people getting killed every day. God knows how many people have been shot in school shootings. And there was that mass shooting in Vegas at that concert… It's ******ing crazy," Osbourne told The Observer.

"I don't want to die in America," said Osbourne.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ozzy Osbourne is leaving

Am sure he was agast of the cost of more Private security for his home and travel  esp  the crime in LA.

Respected Contributor

I can't say I blame him.  As an American, I am disgusted and horrified of what has become of our country.  It is just horrible.

Honored Contributor

"Times have changed and times are strange

Here I come but I ain't the same

Mama, I'm comin' home." - Ozzy Osbourne

Honored Contributor

Good-bye, Ozzy.  I'll miss you.  NOT!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only today I read about an uptick in the number of Americans taking advantage of jus sanguinis, allowing them to be a citizen of their immigrant parents' native land.  Those seeking to live in the land of their ancestors are fed up with the gun violence and the loss of certain liberties.

During a visit to Greece, we were relieved to take advantage of this benefit when one of us became ill and needed immediate diagnostic tests.  My first cousin, who lives in Athens, took us to an Athenian hospital and explained that the father was Greek-born, which made us eligible for the free medical care given to Greek citizens.

So, if push comes to shove, I guess I can always shuffle off to Greece, but I don't think I'd make that choice.  Ozzie is a native Brit.  He is going home.  His story is different.

The newspaper article I read said that the contact points in Germany and Ireland remarked that they were getting so many inquiries from Americans of German and Irish descent.

Honored Contributor

Hey Ozzy, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Buh bye

Honored Contributor

Goodbye and have a nice trip.  Great Britain is not free of killings and I actually don't know the specifics but if Ozzie is not heppy here then he needs to leave.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I can't say I blame him.  As an American, I am disgusted and horrified of what has become of our country.  It is just horrible.

As am I and it hurts me to hear my WW II/Korean war vet father utter the words you just did. He said this is not the America I served for and what it's become.

There's violence everywhere, all over the world and we just don't seem to be able to turn it around.  

Honored Contributor

I don't blame him either.  He's lucky he has someplace else to go.