Honored Contributor

@Oznell I was thinking about you as I watched "To Catch A Thief" with Cary Grant and Princess Grace.

As I've said here before, I'm always very, very interested in the background and insight into the people, places, etc in a show.

Watching the show, I started remembering Cary Grant was married to Dyan Cannon.  They had a daughter (Jennifer Grant).

It was wonderful reading about him and to know she (the daughter0 is still making movies and (without realizing it) I've seen her in several shows.  

His wife (Mrs Grant) is still alive (and as far as I know) well.

Anyway, I probably would not have stopped and watched the movie were it not for you and your posts.  You remind me .... and (hopefully) others; that there are a lot of movies worth seeing... that (for the most part) have long been forgotten.

So, with that in mind, I want to say, once again, sweet Oznell, thank you for reminding me 'more often than not....an oldie is usually still a goodie'.  Fondly, Annabelle/Linda.

Honored Contributor

Re: Oznell - Thought About You!

[ Edited ]

Annabelle,

Our dear poster Oznell is a treasure in every sense of the word.  We are truly favored by the gods to have her insightful and artfully written critiques available on the QVC Community Forum.  I've learned so much from her.

Thank you, Oznell, for enhancing my already deep love of the cinema.

ETA:  Because Oznell provides the launch site, so many others have added their knowledge of movies and movie stars, too, and I have learned from them. 

Honored Contributor

@golding76 Amen to that! I so look forward to reading her reviews and alerts! We watched Narrow Margin (the original b&w) which I had recorded because of her because there was nothing worth watching on live tv yester-snowy-day. Except for The Firm. I could watch that movie every time it's on. I LOVED it. It had everything. And it wasn't even in b&w! How about that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear @Annabellethecat66, thank you so much for your kind words-- so thoughtful and generous of you.  And @golding76 and @Judaline-- you are all dears and I appreciate all the knowledge and fun with which  you all regularly enliven the boards.  You, and all the regulars and also new posters who make the threads so interesting.

I hesitate to put a heart to posts that are complimentary of me-- it looks like I am lauding myself, gack!  How obnoxious.  But you were so kind it was necessary to put hearts to acknowledge that.  Whew.

Can assure you it's my pleasure to put up alerts, and the most fun is like you say, when all the film buffs get going and we have a cyber seminar.  That is the BEST!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Thinking of you today, sweet Oznell (you are the keeper of good movies).  You remind us of what many of us are these days...."oldies but goodies".  Ha!

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd had a chance to 'revisit' some Elisabeth Taylor movies, (i.e. "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"), one of my favorites!

There are so many of them.  Hoping you had a chance to look over the magazine I told you about.  If I knew you I'd send you a copy so you could look at it at your leisure.  

Take care and know ..... not only am I thinking of you but I value the friendship we have here.  Be safe.  Annabelle

Honored Contributor

Top o' the mornin', dear @Annabellethecat66!   You are so thoughtful to think of me!   I wasn't able to find "Entertainment Weekly" where I looked for it, bummer.  Then didn't get to the other newstand like I thought I would.  But no worries, our library seems to hang on to periodicals for quite awhile, so there's still a chance.  

But the fact that you thought of me is so nice, thanks.   Elizabeth Taylor, lets see.  I think I liked her in "The Sandpiper" maybe the best.  That free-spirited character she played (who probably would be a pain in real life, ha) seemed close to her own personality, and I liked the sort of "bohemian artist" atmosphere and the Big Sur location...

Of course, "Cat" is classic.  She and Montgomery Clift were terrific together in "Suddenly, Last Summer".   Ditto, with wild personal chemistry this time, she and Laurence Harvey in "Butterfield 8".   I even enjoy a sudser like "The V.I.P.'s",--  she's gentle and vulnerable in that, and looks super-- Givenchy dressed her in that, and I like her better in his low-key clothes than some of the kooky outfits she seemed to personally favor!

Hope you're having a great Sunday, and decent weather.  It's suddenly sunny here, but cold...