Trusted Contributor

I did not like the ending. After 4 seasons am I to imagine my own ending for the Byrds?

Fading to black to me is lazy writing.  

Respected Contributor

I loved this series and, although some would have liked to have seen it work out differently at the end, in my opinion it wouldn't have been nearly as impactful nor realistic, considering all that had transpired.   

For me, the writing, acting and producing/directing of this series was superb!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I have five more episodes to watch, then it's over and out!

Honored Contributor

Are we all agreeing that Jonah shot Mel?

I wonder if he shot the cookie jar to scatter the remains so that no DNA testing could happen.

I'm sure he didn't shoot Wendy but I would get behind that one.  I disliked Wendy throughout the series but thankfully Laura Linney's superb acting made her bearable.

Poor Ruth.  It had to end that way for her but that leaves nobody now but Three in that family.  I wonder what will happen to him.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I love the show. I could watch Marty, Wendy and Ruth scheme and argue forever. On one hand I'm sorry to see it go, but on the other hand I'm glad they ended it and went out while still on top.

Jason Bateman and Laura Linney were great in their roles, but Julia Garner was just outstanding. 

Ruth Langmore has always been my favorite character. Strong, independent and practical . . . raised in a criminal family. She finally broke free and was on the verge of a whole new life. So heartbreaking. I'm glad they kept Ruth true to her character until the end. She went out unapologetic, mouthy and cursing.

I thought there would be a bigger showdown between Wendy and Nathan. Her father was such a despicable man and Richard Thomas was fantastic in the role.

I loved the ending. Who saw that coming? The Byrde's were almost taken down - not by the cartel, not by the IRS, not by the FBI - but by Mel. It's an interesting idea that Jonah shot the urn with the ashes, but I believe he shot Mel. Mel was the last person standing in the way of the Byrde's 'happy' ending (assuming they can cover up the murder). By shooting Mel it also marks Jonah losing the last bit of innocence he had.

I also watched A Farewell to Ozark. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. It's only 30 minutes and it's a nice tribute/farewell to the show,

Trusted Contributor

Sad that the Ozark series has ended it went out with a 'bang.'  Kudos to Jason Bateman in his role as Marty, brilliant directing and writing.  Ruth Langmore was my favorite character.

Honored Contributor

Ruth Langmore was such a great character.  So many people loved her and cheered her on, yet she was a criminal.  It was almost impossible to have any contempt for her.  

Honored Contributor

I saw this thread last week but refused to read it because I knew there would be a spoiler or two.  I finished the final episode last night and read this thread this morning.  Yep, there were some spoilers so I'm glad I ignored the thread until now.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I said this on another Ozark thread, I didn't like how it all ended, some people didn't get what was coming to them. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I said this on another Ozark thread, I didn't like how it all ended, some people didn't get what was coming to them. 

Agree. 

I was reading a critic that said that series producers/writers could make things right when the show ends but seldon do. I am still shocked that Walt killed Mike! Ruth did some bad things but you could see her character develop into someone who wanted a second chance. Why not just have the gun go off and we not know for sure? I really thought that the sheriff friend was going to save her. 

But since Bateman was producer of the show stands to reason he would make it out alive.