Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ozark is Back on Netflix *Spoilers Maybe*

@Cakers3 

Oh, I get you now and I believe you're absolutely correct. We didn't see Three packing up his stuff but then we didn't see Wyatt packing anything either--for obvious reasons. We really didn't see any of them packing other than Ruth carrying a box out to the truck unless I missed it. 

To your point, we did hear conversations between Ruth and Wyatt and never saw that with Three. I think we must be meant to figure that since Three is a family, a minor, and Ruth is his guardian, she would naturally include him which she did when talking to Wyatt. Like I said I understand what you're saying now. Three wasn't a big part of the last 7 episodes and didn't seem involved with the big escape.

Now that's it's just Ruth and Three I wonder what will become of him. I don't think she would leave him behind--assuming she leaves and there's no guarantee of that. I don't think I could forgive her for that. Murder, stealing, lying--yes, okay. But turning her back on Three? Please don't do it Ruth. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

The other thing I was wondering was if Ruth took the baby?  I guessing she must have but we didn't see or hear it in her car.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2   No problem.  There was a brief scene with Ruth packing inside the trailer.  It wasn't much-just a bit with her putting some things.

Three was definitely missing in that final scene when Wyatt backed out.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

The other thing I was wondering was if Ruth took the baby?  I guessing she must have but we didn't see or hear it in her car.

@TurnerGal   The baby was in the truck with Ruth.  Marty said she shouldn't drive off with the baby when Ruth showed up to scream at them about Wyatt being killed.

I have no idea what she will do with the baby at this point-social services will be looking for him.

I still cannot believe Darlene was allowed to be a foster mother and possibly could have adopted him if she and Wyatt married.

Honored Contributor

According to Jason Bateman Part 2 of this season will air "soon".

It is assumed that Part 2 will air sometime in 2022.

Interesting theory about Ozark and the Emmy Awards-since this Part 1 aired in the time frame for the next Emmy Awards there is a theory that Part 2 will not air until after May 31, 2022, guaranteeing Netflix can split any awards between two Emmy Awards presentaions.  I think Forbes had this theory.

Either way, it is going to be hard to let go of the Byrdes and especially Ruth when this series ends.

I hope Ruth and all the Byrdes survive.  Since this is the final season, if only one of them dies I cannot imagine the series continuing without them.

Honored Contributor

Oh, my goodness - I just watched the last episode of this bunch!  My chest was so tight --- I wasn't expecting that!  Before that happened when Wyatt said he was not going with her, DH and I were talking and I said --- poor Ruth --- she always gets the short end of the stick, no matter what she does!  And then this happened --- wow!  I can't wait for the rest of the episodes.  I guess they are to return in May?  This has been just a fabulously entertaining show and I will really miss it. Julia Garner is superb in her role!   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  - I love Julia Garner as Ruth.  Have you seen her in "Inventing Anna"?  Good series as well.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred 

I'm sorry to say that I started to watch it and I didn't care for it.  

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  - Inventing Anna starts off rather slow, then gets better with each episode.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred 

Maybe I should go back and give it another try!