Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

@rockygems123 , Adam was my favorite, too. Nothing wrong with Little Joe but that Adam...

@Carolina925 

That made me chuckle and I couldnt agree more Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  wrote:

@Shelbelle ...........I had a crush on Adam too.  I even named my cat Adam.  Then I found out he was bald and it broke my heart. LOL

@Imaoldhippie  - Thank you for the laugh, too funny😁!

Honored Contributor

We watched them all. The best for me: RAWHIDE with Mr. Favor and Rowdy!

Rifleman:  How come that dumb kid would stand there yelling "PA!" and never pick up anything around him and clock the guy hammering PA?

Maverick!  How can you not love James Garner?  Okie there too! 

Sugarfoot!  And so many more.

Honored Contributor

Have you all forgotten Matt Dillion in Gunsmoke with the lucky Miss Kitty?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Don't think she got lucky too much. LOL

Gunsmoke

Cheyenne

Marverick

Big Valley 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Not long ago, on a boring Saturday afternoon, I watched  "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon".  Absolutely breath-taking scenery in Monument Valley.  I'd forgotten how spectacular it is.

@Kachina624  Wouldn't you love to see that in a theater? I know I would! And John Wayne was so handsome in that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Old TV Westerns

[ Edited ]

I thought James Drury, The Virginian, was sooo handsome. He aged very well too, and was handsome as an older guy.

To this day I don't understand why there were SO many westerns on in the 1960s. 

Does anyone else remember Sugarfoot?

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

If you get it, the Inspiration channel shows a lot of westerns, too.

I have the Inspiration channel and love it.  In fact Gunsmoke is on now. I have been enjoying Tales of Wells Fargo, Wagon Train, I pretty much enjoy all of them lol.

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
We cut the cable long ago, so I occasionally check out a western. Grit TV is good, as someone mentioned, with good movies, too. I also like Big Valley.

You might want to check out Rawhide, and not just to see a handsome, young Clint Eastwood. That program's opening credits had one of the best themes, sung by the great Frankie Laine. As a matter of fact, I just listened to it again!

https://youtu.be/PFGyhSifqzA?feature=shared

One of the best theme songs everSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I thought James Drury, The Virginian, was sooo handsome. He aged very well too, and was handsome as an older guy.

To this day I don't understand why there were SO many westerns on in the 1960s. 

Does anyone else remember Sugarfoot?

Good question not sure why there were so many, I do know Gunsmoke was on for 20 seasons, longest running western  in history.  I remember the name Sugarfoot but I cannot remember the show,