Valued Contributor

Re: New Season America's Got Talent

This is the worst season so far.nothing has wowed me yet except the magician and the cats.cannot beleive the ballroom dancer went thru  yet alone got the golden buzzer.it doesnot care so far to last year.

Respected Contributor

The Savitsky Cats act I just have a difficult time watching, particularly when they made them use their upper arm/paws to go across the row of two bars; it looked painful.  Having grown up with many cats, I realize when they fall, most times they end up on their feet, but using those paws/arms looked like they could have hurt those extremities.  I wish they would not have gone through.  Again, this is only MO as I'm just not into watching animals perform.  Knowing if they won, they would have to put on a 2 hour show is way too much for those poor cats.

As for the remainder that went through, I'm not impressed.  Those 2 guys with the blackish colored vests should have gone through, especially with the last stunt they did blindfolded.  Nope, instead we get singing and dancing.

Sacred Riana just creeps me out and since she already won, she should not be allowed to participate.  Again, JMO.  I would not pay to see any one of these acts.

I also do not think that the buzzer should still be there for the judges to push since they were chosen at the "get to".  Imagine yourself up there competing to get through and in the middle of your routine, a judge pushes it while you're trying to concentrate on what you're doing.  It's just wrong IMO; they are already nervous as heck and to hear that would make it much worse.
Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET  I have a cat, too, and have had quite a few before him.  I love them, too.  I thought the cats were beautiful and talented.  I'm just not into performing animals, although I recognize that they were good.

Does next week start the live shows?

Next weeks show is judge's cuts too. 

Honored Contributor

I thought for sure at least one of the two twelve year old boys would go through. I didn't think the dance act that were dressed like Alice In Wonderland should have moved on. I also thought the Golden Buzzer act got through because of the woman's age. As for Sacred Riana, I was shocked the judges put her through. She creeps me out, as well as really creeping Mel B out. She reminds me of Wednesday Addams!

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

The Savitsky Cats act I just have a difficult time watching, particularly when they made them use their upper arm/paws to go across the row of two bars; it looked painful.  Having grown up with many cats, I realize when they fall, most times they end up on their feet, but using those paws/arms looked like they could have hurt those extremities.  I wish they would not have gone through.  Again, this is only MO as I'm just not into watching animals perform.  Knowing if they won, they would have to put on a 2 hour show is way too much for those poor cats.

As for the remainder that went through, I'm not impressed.  Those 2 guys with the blackish colored vests should have gone through, especially with the last stunt they did blindfolded.  Nope, instead we get singing and dancing.

Sacred Riana just creeps me out and since she already won, she should not be allowed to participate.  Again, JMO.  I would not pay to see any one of these acts.

I also do not think that the buzzer should still be there for the judges to push since they were chosen at the "get to".  Imagine yourself up there competing to get through and in the middle of your routine, a judge pushes it while you're trying to concentrate on what you're doing.  It's just wrong IMO; they are already nervous as heck and to hear that would make it much worse.

@HisElk1  You explained this so well.  That is how I feel about the cats.  I don't think it's good for them to be performing like this.

I just Googled Sacred Riana.  I didn't realize she had won Asia's Got Talent. I think she should have been disqualified, too.  Surely she won't win AGT.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I thought for sure at least one of the two twelve year old boys would go through. I didn't think the dance act that were dressed like Alice In Wonderland should have moved on. I also thought the Golden Buzzer act got through because of the woman's age. As for Sacred Riana, I was shocked the judges put her through. She creeps me out, as well as really creeping Mel B out. She reminds me of Wednesday Addams!

@Jordan2  I loved the 12 yr old boy who sang Whitney Houston- what an amazing talent!  Of the 'younger' singers this season, he was defineitly one of the best.  I think he's the contestant Simon was going to get a dog for- wonder if that ever happened! I actually hoped Martina would give him the golden buzzer- afterall she commented she can't  sing that well after all these years.

Except Howie's  -  the golden buzzers this season were so much based on emotional back stories.  I predict the 71 year old dancer will go home first week of lives! 

Scared Riana advanced to the 'lives' for ratings- and that HS dance group that 'performed' Alice in Wonderland?? Ugh! They were so out of synch! 

Honored Contributor

I don't know how you can get five people to agree on who's going through to the lives. You can't get five people to agree on where to have lunch, there must be a lot of compromising going on during deliberations. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know what the judges are thinking, no way should the Japanese duo have gotten picked to go to the lives

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don't know what the judges are thinking, no way should the Japanese duo have gotten picked to go to the lives

@Jordan2,  do I ever agree with you.  I just don't get their humor at all; the father/daughter gymnastic couple should've gone through - they got robbed.  I wouldn't go for free to see that Japanese duo.

Valued Contributor

The worst season ever, they all stink