Respected Contributor

Re: New Season America's Got Talent

[ Edited ]

This is Simon's girlfriend and mother to their son Eric. Her name is  Lauren Silverman.

Simon

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the Angel City Chorale singing Baba Yetu was over the top amazing!  Inspirational.  They sang the Lords Prayer in Swahili.  I hope they win.  Their audition song was Africa.  

Respected Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

This is Simon's girlfriend and mother to their son Eric. Her name is  Lauren Silverman.

Simon

Thanks.  Not sure if I've seen her before. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I thought the choir was much better last week, and I would have put through that one dance troupe instead of or with the Future Kings(?).  I never like to see young children in that kind of competition because of the rejection.  A five-year-old, in my opinion, doesn't need that pressure.  Of course, it is always the parent.  I am not much for illusion.

I am glad that the comedienne got through.  It appears that Simon has really changed his demeanor since his son was born and it is a nice change.  

I just told my friend the same thing about Simon, he has mellowed since having that boy and actually smiles and laughs, I enjoy him so much  more now.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I thought the Angel City Chorale singing Baba Yetu was over the top amazing!  Inspirational.  They sang the Lords Prayer in Swahili.  I hope they win.  Their audition song was Africa.  

I definitely would pay to see them live, they are, as you said, amazing.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@heart of savino wrote:

Didnot think the choir should of gone thru.heard so much better they were average.the little girl  should of gone thru atleast one more time for her to sing a frank sinatra song and knowing  all the words is amazing.

so far no body has wowed me yet except the magician.he was  amazing...

Yes, she is amazing but way too young to win a million dollars.  What she should have is voice training and learning to sing other songs.  Hopefully down the line she will get better and better and have a career when she is   older, much older.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This weeks show was just ok for me.  As for the Golden Buzzer, not happy.  Okay, she's 71 and in great shape, but it wasn't anything special and she got all the credit and he didn't.  I felt bad for him; he looked very uncomfortable and the judges had nothing to say to him.

The 2 12 year old boys were so cute and great but you can't put every singer through.  The family act who sang were good but I think they just got put through because they write their own songs for their late mother.  Noah from Glee is going to go far here I know it. 

I'm glad the cat act went through since they were so talented and who can teach cats those things? 

Very surprised that the h.s. dance act went through.  They were good but if they want to go through, step it up.  I like the concept of Alice In Wonderland though.

As for Scary Riana, I almost jumped out of my skin at the end of her act.   Why is she going through -- just for something different I'm thinking.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

This weeks show was just ok for me.  As for the Golden Buzzer, not happy.  Okay, she's 71 and in great shape, but it wasn't anything special and she got all the credit and he didn't.  I felt bad for him; he looked very uncomfortable and the judges had nothing to say to him.

The 2 12 year old boys were so cute and great but you can't put every singer through.  The family act who sang were good but I think they just got put through because they write their own songs for their late mother.  Noah from Glee is going to go far here I know it. 

I'm glad the cat act went through since they were so talented and who can teach cats those things? 

Very surprised that the h.s. dance act went through.  They were good but if they want to go through, step it up.  I like the concept of Alice In Wonderland though.

As for Scary Riana, I almost jumped out of my skin at the end of her act.   Why is she going through -- just for something different I'm thinking.

I agree with all of this @SWEET, except I don't particularly like pet acts.  I know the cats are good but not sure how good for them it is to perform.  

I couldn't believe Scary Riana went through.  I don't like her act at all, and I don't think the judges really do either.  There were other acts that were much better that didn't make it.

Like you, I was very disappointed in the Golden Buzzer and felt sorry for the man.  Martina hugged the woman but not the man.  He deserves as much credit as she does.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I agree with all of this @SWEET, except I don't particularly like pet acts.  I know the cats are good but not sure how good for them it is to perform.  

I couldn't believe Scary Riana went through.  I don't like her act at all, and I don't think the judges really do either.  There were other acts that were much better that didn't make it.

Like you, I was very disappointed in the Golden Buzzer and felt sorry for the man.  Martina hugged the woman but not the man.  He deserves as much credit as she does.

I guess I'm partial to cats since I owned 2 and even though I know they won't go far it was a breath of fresh air for an act. 

Can't wait for next wk!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET  I have a cat, too, and have had quite a few before him.  I love them, too.  I thought the cats were beautiful and talented.  I'm just not into performing animals, although I recognize that they were good.

Does next week start the live shows?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau