Honored Contributor

I have to agree here, last nights episode was not a fave of mine and the show is losing direction, and Helen is way too all over the place. 

Trusted Contributor

I do believe we need awareness because that can lead to change.  However, we tend to overdo it today.  Everyone and everything jumps on the bandwagon and makes that the focus of all their discussions, tv show themes, etc.  I understand all the points of view being made in these posts.  Yes, you may be disappointed that a favorite show has steered in a direction you're not comfortable with or don't like.  There are just as many people on the other side who like the idea that a favorite show is addressing some difficult societal issues.  For those who don't like the shows, move on.  We have hundreds of tv channels, so you can find something you prefer.  If you feel that strongly about the direction of a tv show, email the producers and express your concerns.  Thank goodness we live in a country where we are free to do just that.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam tonight

[ Edited ]

I agree with the bolded section below... Otherwise, not so much. There might be hundreds of channels but that doesn't mean there are actually hundreds of viable viewing options and perhaps there are some viewers who tire of trying to find something that isn't reminiscent of the bully pulpit, the classroom or is nothing more than an exercise in diversity, rather than programming with a focus on actual talent and good story telling. Personally, I've virtually given up on network television due to these factors and due to the fact that their programming, overall, along with promoting a particular narrative, just isn't good. I'm also not interested in game and reality shows commanding most of the prime time hours, that is when viewers aren't being preached at and 'educated'... Even the commercials, always annoying, have become little more than even more annoying kumbaya moments... Of course, options exist, but at a cost... Personally, while not holding my breath, I'm waiting for things to come full circle and perhaps we'll once again see some watchable network television again in our lifetimes that isn't focused on an agenda...

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I do believe we need awareness because that can lead to change.  However, we tend to overdo it today.  Everyone and everything jumps on the bandwagon and makes that the focus of all their discussions, tv show themes, etc.  I understand all the points of view being made in these posts.  Yes, you may be disappointed that a favorite show has steered in a direction you're not comfortable with or don't like.  There are just as many people on the other side who like the idea that a favorite show is addressing some difficult societal issues.  For those who don't like the shows, move on.  We have hundreds of tv channels, so you can find something you prefer.  If you feel that strongly about the direction of a tv show, email the producers and express your concerns.  Thank goodness we live in a country where we are free to do just that.  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

@Kitty Galore   

I couldn't agree wth you more!  I've been an avid viewer since the beginning and 1/2 way through last night I thought, why am I watching this?

Even the portion with Iggy and the children seemed odd and misplaced to me ~ this was such a random scenario........have we "met" these characters before?

Time to reevaluate my programming!

@Tinkrbl44    I'm sorry you feel the need to be so snarky with your remarks.  How ironic that you are mocking and belittling others' feelings.

@Irish1210   Yes!   And I didn't get the portion with Iggy and those children either 🤔I also don't recall these characters so not sure where this storyline came from .  Like you I lost interest in this episode within the first 15 minutes.  I hope they don't continue down this road .    I enjoy the relationships and patient stories,   That's why I watch.   I dont understand why some shows must go this route.  If I want politics pushed upon me I'll watch the news.  And finally I agree.   Time to reevaluate 😺

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore   Let's give it another episode or two and see if the storylines return to what we originally enjoyed : )

Stay safe Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Irish1210 wrote:

@Kitty Galore   

I couldn't agree wth you more!  I've been an avid viewer since the beginning and 1/2 way through last night I thought, why am I watching this?

Even the portion with Iggy and the children seemed odd and misplaced to me ~ this was such a random scenario........have we "met" these characters before?

@Tinkrbl44    I'm sorry you feel the need to be so snarky with your remarks.  How ironic that you are mocking and belittling others' feelings.

@Irish1210   Yes!   And I didn't get the portion with Iggy and those children either 🤔I also don't recall these characters so not sure where this storyline came from .  Like you I lost interest in this episode within the first 15 minutes.  I hope they don't continue down this road .    I enjoy the relationships and patient stories,   That's why I watch.   I dont understand why some shows must go this route.  If I want politics pushed upon me I'll watch the news.  And finally I agree.   Time to reevaluate 😺

@Kitty Galore   Evidently the writers deemed the topic of racism an important issue and wanted to incorporate it into the show.  Kudos to them for doing this.

When did the topic of racism ever become a political issue????

If you were so angered by the show, do find something else that is more to your liking.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Iggy has treated that girl and her brother before, but last night it just seemed like a fill in , that really didnt belong, and was just to take up time. 

And I am still waiting to see Dr Kapoor, last night he was not even mentioned, I sure hope the actor is well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course, if enough defect, the show is kaput. At the end of the day, it really isn't about what 'the writer's want', it's about what the audience is willing to watch... As noted, I, along with so many folks, have pretty much given up network fare because the writer's 'vision' of 'entertainment' and the network's agenda aren't working for us... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Irish1210 wrote:

@Kitty Galore   

@Kitty Galore   Evidently the writers deemed the topic of racism an important issue and wanted to incorporate it into the show.  Kudos to them for doing this.

When did the topic of racism ever become a political issue????

If you were so angered by the show, do find something else that is more to your liking.

@Mersha 

Very well stated .....   People don't seem to be understanding your point.  MANY shows take from real life and current events, and Law & Order is near the top of the list.  This is nothing new, although people do talk about politics more.

Yet people freak out and act like someone is trying to "trick" them into thinking.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

@Irish1210 

I don't "feel the need" to be snarky, or know what you think is so  "ironic" but people are acting like this is something new.  It's not.   Writers of TV shows take from real life and current events all the time.  This has been going on for decades.   IMO, we're grown-ups and should be able to handle the references in those storylines.  You know what I mean .... mature audiences.

However, if this is just too difficult to deal with, a person should probably seek out more "Pollyanna-type" entertainment, with a G-rating, to be specific.    They can probably avoid real life there.