Honored Contributor

I know this is ridiculous but teeth brushing in movies and tv shows!

This just seems to be standing out everytime I watch someone brushing their teeth in movies or tv shows.

I mean who in the world brushes their teeth really fast back and forth over and over with their mouth closed! Everytime. Over and over and over-its so ridiculous.

Ok we get it-they are brushing their teeth!And I seriously do not know anyone who brushes their teeth like that-the noise, the aggressive back and forth, the mouth closed.

I mean, I'm laughing because this is such a random thing to get annoyed with but its nice to be annoyed by non-consequential things instead of everything else to worry about!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: I know this is ridiculous but teeth brushing in movies and tv shows!

I find it amusing that they never seem to have toothpaste foam falling out of their mouths and dripping down their chins.  I'm usually hanging over the sink when I brush because I'm all drippy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon.

Exactly! Maybe that is why they have their mouth closed because if it was open they would have to show drippy toothpaste and that would not be oh so aesthetic!

Nicole Kidman does it in every movie and actually so many actresses and actors. I'll blame it on the director.

I know world class news but really thank you for sharing your affirming viewpoints😁💓 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

"Friends" has influenced a generation of fake life.

It's a nasty way to brush teeth and always makes me change a channel.

Honored Contributor

I know - I can't stand it either!  Or a couple will be brushing their teeth together in one sink at the same time --- gross!  Or someone will have a toothbrush in their mouth and be walking all over the house with it --- ick!!!  I don't want or need to see any of this.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I would rather see the brushing of teeth than the flossing of gums and having the bits come flying out.  Cat LOL

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I havent seen this done in movies, but of course in the dental ads.  Yes its not pleasant, however I perfer it over gory violent scenes, extreme foul language or (six) scenes.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

You can say "sex". It isn't a banned word.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I don't mind the brushing but dread the sound of the spitting out. Or the showing of it. Spare me.

Valued Contributor

I can't watch anyone brushing their teeth - It gives me the chills! I'm not sure why because I'm not bothered when brushing my own teeth. Weird.