Esteemed Contributor

New Amsterdam” Sequel Set 30 Years After the Original Series in the Works at NBC

The doors to New Amsterdam Hospital will be reopened!

New Amsterdam showrunner, executive producer, and creator David Schulner is developing a spinoff series based on the beloved NBC show, Deadline reports.

The series — tentatively titled New Amsterdam: Tomorrow — is set to take place 30 years after the original, with Dr. Max Goodwin's (Ryan Eggold) daughter, Luna Goodwin, taking over as Medical Director of New Amsterdam Hospital, per the outlet.

It's been nearly 14 months since fans unknowingly saw the layout for the new spinoff being set up in the series finale when Molly Griggs played an adult version of Luna.

Although it is unclear if Griggs or Eggold will appear in the new series, Deadline reports that fans can expect the show to "explore the ways artificial intelligence would help advance the medical industry in the future."

I thought this was a surprise. As it seemed, there was no future for New Amsterdam.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam” Sequel Set 30 Years After the Original Series in the Works at NBC

If it happens, hope it is a success, the OG was very special. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Amsterdam” Sequel Set 30 Years After the Original Series in the Works at NBC

That’s really good news! I loved the show because I have a sentimental attachment to Bellevue Hospital; the program is based on the true story of the hospital & the OG.
Honored Contributor

The final scene of the original series showed Luna following in her dads footsteps

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.