Trusted Contributor

I only recently began subscribing and have the cheapo rate with ads.  When I tried to watch Where the Crawdads Sing it indicated that I would have to upgrade my subscription to watch it.

I get it - but does Netflix start out being exclusionary with new movies and if so, do they gradually become viewable by people with low cost plans? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

They must have just started this.  I think eventually they do include some of these movies. But it's a matter of months or a year usually.  By that time I've usually forgotten about them. This has been my experience with Paramount + and Peacock. 

Respected Contributor

This will answer your first question, but since it's a new plan, I don't think anyone knows the answer to your second question.

36B2B0B6-67D3-41ED-A18C-6F4383F71B66.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

We get the no commercials NF free with Comcast. 

Honored Contributor

Right now, Netflix is included wirth the plan we have with Comcast.  I'm sure with all the rate increases on everything, that will probably change, too!  We already have a high bill with them, so this would not make me happy at all since I watch a lot of Netflix!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I only recently began subscribing and have the cheapo rate with ads.  When I tried to watch Where the Crawdads Sing it indicated that I would have to upgrade my subscription to watch it.

I get it - but does Netflix start out being exclusionary with new movies and if so, do they gradually become viewable by people with low cost plans? Thanks!

@PilatesLover    I've had Netflix for years. I have the BASIC plan, which at the time was the cheapest plan. It's 9.99 a month (no ads) and only one stream/one device can be used at a time. No TV shows or movies are excluded in my plan. 

Here is a list of some of the shows and movies that are excluded from the BASIC PLAN WITH ADS:

With Netflix's Ad-Tier, Here Are 258 Movies And TV Shows You Can't Watch - GameSpot

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much!