Esteemed Contributor

@nova wrote:

@JillyMarie  Thank you for the recommendation.  I found the documentary informing as well as touching at times.

I watched this last night and was in tears toward the end. I guess we humans "aren't all that". 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@JillyMarie  Thank you for recommending a fantastic documentary.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, for the recommendation - sounds fascinating.

Trusted Contributor

@MershaThere is another documentary on Netflix, but not one of the Unknown series, that I want to watch but have been procrastinating due to the topic.  It is called

The Deepest Breath

and is about free deep sea diving.  I have a thing about having to hold my breath and I also came too close to drowning so being underwater like that is hard for me to watch.  I need to suck it up and watch it as it looks very good.

Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie   Thanks for the recommendation.

I always appreciate when posters mention something they enjoyed as I might miss it otherwise.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor
@JillyMarie

Thanks for mentioning "The Deepest Breath". I started a post about it but changed my mind thinking there would be no interest.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and would recommend. Free diving is considered a very dangerous sport but fascinating at the same time.

I'm sorry to hear of your near drowning incident. I, too had a similar experience, so I
can understand your hesitancy to watch this program. I was able to swim again with no fear once I set my mind to it. Only you can decide if it will trigger past memories.

@Mersha

If you have no fear of swimming, water, etc., it's a very good documentary.

The synopsis is:

"A free diver trains to break a world record with the help of an expert safety diver. This film follows the paths they took to meet at the pinnacle of the free diving world, documenting the rewards and risks of chasing a dream through ocean depths."