Super Contributor

**Neil Patrick Harris to Host His Own NBC Variety Show (disregard other thread)

Apologies for glitch. Here's what it was supposed to say:

============================================

By Kimberly Roots / October 27 2014, 1:02 PM PDT TVLine

Neil Patrick Harris Variety Show NBC

Neil Patrick Harris and NBC are finalizing a deal for the How I Met Your Mother star to host his own variety show on NBC, TVLine has confirmed.

The series, which consists of 10 hour-long episodes, will be an American adaptation of Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, a U.K. variety program produced by ITV.

The format is a natural fit for Harris, who has a background in musicals and live theater and who has hosted the Tony Awards and the Emmys multiple times. His next gig, announced earlier this month, will be emceeing the 2015 Academy Awards.

NBC tried out a variety show hosted by SNL alum Maya Rudolph in May; that premiered to an audience of 7.2 million total viewers and a 2.1 demo rating.

Super Contributor

Re: **Neil Patrick Harris to Host His Own NBC Variety Show (disregard other thread)

Sure NPH is multi-talented and can do just about everything, but a variety show? Really? That's so 20th century. Let it go. Most people who hosted them, appeared on them or watched them (sadly) are no longer with us and the format's dead, too.

On a brighter note (ha-ha!) apparently NPH has ticked another box on his "To Do" list: Neil Patrick Harris & Husband David Burtka Are Coming To American Horror Story! Find Out How They'l...

Super Contributor

Re: **Neil Patrick Harris to Host His Own NBC Variety Show (disregard other thread)

A variety show, sounds good, anything but a new reality show!

Trusted Contributor

Let's hope this one makes it.... other variety shows haven't seem to do so well.

Keri.... I appreciate your postings.

Honored Contributor

I would like to see a variety show. I grew up with Ed Sullivan. He brought is the Beatles. I'd like to see some form of variation of talent and most especially not see someone sitting at the bottom of the stage judging them.

Who among us has not gotten frustrated as someone has been 'voted off' by idiots.